Menu

The World in Ancient Times Oxford Press - ON SALE!!!!!

scrapbabe

Very interesting. I ordered the other day and it was in my orders. Then today it disappeared, just poof, no notification, no nothing. Others had the same experience. Very crazy.

Aw shoot. Mine's gone too.

Whoa. Mine too. :glare:

Good thing I got my shipping confirmation from OUP yesterday. :hurray:

Saves me having to cancel my order from amazon.:glare: ;)

What is up with that??

Very interesting. I ordered the other day and it was in my orders. Then today it disappeared, just poof, no notification, no nothing. Others had the same experience. Very crazy.

Mine disappeared as well....ugh! Oh, well.....I don't really need it yet....:( I do have a book addiction to feed, however......what should I buy now....;)

Whoa. Mine too. :glare:

Good thing I got my shipping confirmation from OUP yesterday. :hurray:

Saves me having to cancel my order from amazon.:glare: ;)

What is up with that??

We WTMers can certainly start a run on a product! :001_smile: I saw this mentioned on the High School, General and K8 board within 48 hours. Even on the first occurence, the OUP website was showing "Out of stock" so I didn't even try with Amazon.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Seattle, some developer in Amazon is scratching his head, wondering what caused the system overload :D .. Perhaps they should hire us to do load testing on their system. I'd volunteer, if there's an Amazon gift card involved. :tongue_smilie:

We WTMers can certainly start a run on a product! :001_smile: I saw this mentioned on the High School, General and K8 board within 48 hours. Even on the first occurence, the OUP website was showing "Out of stock" so I didn't even try with Amazon.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Seattle, some developer in Amazon is scratching his head, wondering what caused the system overload :D .. Perhaps they should hire us to do load testing on their system. I'd volunteer, if there's an Amazon gift card involved. :tongue_smilie:

Every person on TWTM could place an amazon order at the exact same time and their system wouldn't even notice the increased usage.

Has anyone talked to Amazon about it? They usually have fantastic customer service. Once the UPS guy left my package with a neighbor. The neighbor just dropped it on my porch (in an apt complex) when I wasn't home. It was stolen. I called UPS who said it wasn't their responsibility. I called Amazon, and with no questions asked they sent another identical package..and it wasn't an inexepensive package. I hope it gets cleared up.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #103-7967341-0725045. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

The World in Ancient Times Set

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.