Menu

coffee drinkers

Costco's Kirkland brand Columbian, made strong. I may like a darker coffee made correctly, but the warm, smoky flavor of this coffee is very addicting. Very inexpensive, also.

Thanks for posting this brand. I have looked at it, but haven't bought it yet.

Starbucks coffees (we buy whole beans & grind them at home). I like:

Organic Yukon Blend (regular)

Caffe Verona (regular &/or decaf)

Italian Roast (regular)

Sumatra (regular)

Komodo Dragon (regular)

Casi Cielo (regular) -- only available at certain times in the year

(FYI, two Starbucks coffees I have tried & *not* liked were Pike Place Blend & Breakfast Blend.)

Edited by Stacia

I have it in my Waluniverse, and it's all we use for iced frappes in the summer!

Ooh! Are you willing to share the recipe?

My very favorite, and not so affordable coffee, is Jamaica Blue Mountain. A friend went to Jamaica years ago and brought some back for me and I couldn't believe how wonderful it was. I've never found another brand that compared.

It's the only coffee I can drink black. So smooth, not bitter, but also so not affordable. :(

I'll drink most any coffee as long as it's a dark roast. The one I really don't like though is Dunkin' Donuts. I usually go for what's on sale. Around here, Eight O' Clock goes on sale often. When not getting coffee on sale, I like Chock full 'o Nuts and Cafe Bustelo.

I am sorta a coffee snob. If I am going to make my body more acidic, it may as well be for a good reason! lol. Right now i am drinking Dazbog organic decaf and loving it. I also like Jim's Organic Coffees. For east coasters I have a friend that roasts at Bard Coffee in Maine. You can also order online. Supposed to be one of the top ten in the U.S. FWIW coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed with pesticides items out there, tea too, organic is the way to go when/if you can. (i say that as i just finished a starbucks latte that is FAR from organic)

I like Peet's coffee but really don't spend that much on a regular basis. I settle for the bags of Starbucks beans or Kirkland brand beans at Costco for my regular coffee. Kirkland brand says "roasted by Starbucks" on the label and really is similar to Starbucks breakfast blend. I prefer the French roast but it is double the price. Peets is even more!

I rarely drink anything that comes out of a can if I can help it.

This is our scenario too. (I can only get Peets when I visit my family in the Vancouver area and we do some crossborder shopping :).) Otherwise we stock up on Kirkland roasted by Starbucks when we do our quarterly Costco run and then when we run out we head over to Starbucks.