Menu

Toilet studies!

I know I'm not the only one.

My dd takes her time in the bathroom, so I made and hung a multiplication table to the 20s on the wall! :D

I'm thinking of adding some spelling and grammar rules, and maybe even a latin poster.

I'm going to make and laminate some charts to hang in the tub as well. Ds loves his bath time, so I'll make some for him.

Anyone else? What do you have for your toilet studies?

I always wanted to get one of those Periodic Table of Elements shower curtains for our bathroom ;)

Unfortunately we don't have any wall space for posters. I've heard of people drawing on plain shower curtains with Sharpies (but not sure what visitors would think... not to mention, I don't really want them in our only bathroom taking their time:lol:)

I always wanted to get one of those Periodic Table of Elements shower curtains for our bathroom ;)

Unfortunately we don't have any wall space for posters. I've heard of people drawing on plain shower curtains with Sharpies (but not sure what visitors would think... not to mention, I don't really want them in our only bathroom taking their time:lol:)

I just printed it on printer paper, because there's no space for posters.

Those shower curtains are really cool! I may have to save for one.

Sounds like Cheaper by the Dozen

I was thinking about that book today. I like the idea of car schooling, unavoidable delay and all. But we arer only in a car about 15 minutes a week. I like those 7 minutes on the way to cross country running to listen to rocking music. I want to have tunes stuck in my head before I have to run for over a hour, more likely then not in the rain. :glare: afterwards I don't want to listen to anything that requires thought.

So I never have my kids listen to our French CDs. Each 'lesson' is only about 7 minutes long. But I don't know how to add it to our day.

Listening to it in the bathroom just wouldn't work in our house. But I do like how they did so in "Cheaper by the dozen".

I know I'm not the only one.

My dd takes her time in the bathroom, so I made and hung a multiplication table to the 20s on the wall! :D

I'm thinking of adding some spelling and grammar rules, and maybe even a latin poster.

I'm going to make and laminate some charts to hang in the tub as well. Ds loves his bath time, so I'll make some for him.

Anyone else? What do you have for your toilet studies?

ha! I don't really have a good spot for this in my bathroom, but my university Latin prof used to recommend practicing declensions while on the toilet as an effective study tool. Also, he used to encourage drinking brandy while translating, as the label would remind us how to approach the sentences: VSOP - Verb, Subject, Object, Please!