Menu

Best TED talks you have seen?

Thanks, Lara in Colo, for sharing this link to Dan Meyer's 'Math class needs a makeover'. I shared the link with my husband who teaches math and science classes to homeschoolers, and he found it well worth watching.

Regards,

Kareni

Edited by Kareni

The first one I saw. Unfortunately I cannot remember it, but it was 5 minutes long about phosphorescence and cephalopods. It might have been underwater creatures or something. I haven't found it recently. I also enjoyed Ken Robinson, and this guy who tracked how he and his wife interacted with their son. There are so many good ones. It's hard to choose.

Sheena Iyengar's talk about choice helped to me think critically about the entirely self-directed educational method espoused by 'unschooling':

Romulus Whitaker's talk about snakes entertained my seven-year-old.

Hilary and 'Bruno' 7 and 'Miloshka' 1

I was flipping through them on Roku a few months ago and I found this one by Halla Tomasdottir. She talks about realizing that women in the business world are different, not inadequate compared to men. It's very entertaining.

Halla was an exchange student at my high school in the mid-80's, and she was an engaging, charismatic, independent person even then.