Menu

WHAT!?!

I was just in the kitchen doing laundry. I walked in the living room to see my 4 year old standing, drawers dropped, urinating on the carpet. He seemed to think it was just a fine thing to be doing. At the moment he's scrubbing the floor, and he will not be spending the time he was supposed to get on LeapWorld tonight after supper. But.... just.... WHY!?

Oh my...he's getting off easy! :lol: :tongue_smilie:

I once asked a 4 year old boy who I babysat "why did you do it?" after he grabbed another kid's head and bashed against the wall at the McDonald's playland. His answer? "Because I didn't like the way he looked." :001_huh:

He is getting off easy. I'm being a "single" mom this week, and I just keep looking at the clock. One hour and 12 minutes until it's time to get ready for bed. 49 hours and 12 minutes before I can expect DH home from his trip.

But.... "why" just isn't a concept he gets for himself yet. He wants to know the motivation behind everything else that happens in the world, but he hasn't learned to apply that same question to his own behavior.

Cause he's a boy. They pee in the weirdest places. For years.

Ugg.

Yes, this is it. I grew up in a "girls only" family, so this came as rather a shock. We've had cereal bowls (empty), the ice-cube tray, the sandpit at the playground, and of course, a wide range of trees and pot plants beiung watered. I don't think we've ever had a carpet "watered" but we did have a deposit of another sort on the back doorstep, once.

Sigh.

Could have been worse.

Diva was teasing Tazzie when he was being toliet trained.

He stepped back, out of reach, and commenced peeing down her leg.

First time I'd ever seen the expression 'p!ssed off' in action.

:lol: That's great!!

Yes, this is it. I grew up in a "girls only" family, so this came as rather a shock. We've had cereal bowls (empty), the ice-cube tray, the sandpit at the playground, and of course, a wide range of trees and pot plants being watered. I don't think we've ever had a carpet "watered" but we did have a deposit of another sort on the back doorstep, once.

Sigh.

He watered your pot plants. *snicker*

I'm feeling like a 12-year-old today. :tongue_smilie:

When my ds was 7, we were in a field and ds had to use the washroom, without one in sight I told him it was ok for him to go outside behind a tree. A couple days later when we opened the door to our backyard I found him peeing on our patio. Did I mention our yard is not fenced in? He said I told him it was ok to go outside so he did.

in the cat litter box. :glare: It's just what they do. :lol:

For the longest time I could not figure out what was going on with the cat box. Turned out D was peeing in it. It is 2 feet from the toilet. :glare:

D was hospitalized back in May and got to pee in the pitcher looking thing everyday. Now I have to hide empty vases.

:iagree: It's because they can. My ds likes to stand on the front porch and pee on the bushes. He's been punished. He doesn't care. Every month or so he gets the urge. He also peed down his heating vent.

Ditto. Even down the heating vent. He once peed in his nightstand drawer. *facepalm*

For the longest time I could not figure out what was going on with the cat box. Turned out D was peeing in it. It is 2 feet from the toilet. :glare:

D was hospitalized back in May and got to pee in the pitcher looking thing everyday. Now I have to hide empty vases.

Yep! A was in the ER & they tried to get him to pee in one of those (he wouldn't).... but the next day he wanted to pee in a water bottle. :confused::confused:

Ditto. Even down the heating vent. He once peed in his nightstand drawer. *facepalm*

See, I should have expected this behavior, I guess. I have FOUR younger brothers, one of whom I actually remember peeing in his hamper every night for quite some time when he was little. But it still caught me off guard.

Ok. I have ONE boy. I get the whole fascination with peeing in weird places. Ds actually sat naked in front of the TV while The Backyardigans were playing and dropped a load. My dh will actually walk past the bathroom just to pee outside. Now I have a funny pee story about my oldest dd.

Dd was about 5. She was playing hide-and-seek inside the house with a couple of friends. She had a great hiding spot behind the couch. Being the awesome competitor that she is, she refused to move from the aforementioned awesome hiding spot and just peed right there. I looked at her and asked "Why did you pee behind my couch?" Her answer? "Because I was WINNING!" Ya know, I just couldn't get mad at her for that.:lol: