Menu

hunky old actors

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock Hudson was gay.

I think the younger Robert Redford was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT. I don't even mind him now! Dh laughs at tall ole me because he says RR is *VERY* short. Now every time I see him on tv I always say, "There's my boyfriend! SEVEN FEET TALL!!!" Dh still laughs at it Every Single Time.

I just watched Up Close and Personal. Great flick.

Rock Hudson was VERY handsome as was Cary Grant. It's a shame they only go up to My Boyfriend's shoulders.;):lol::lol::lol:

I wondered about Mr. Grant. Now I know. Yes on Rock Hudson. Isn't it strange that we think it would actually matter somehow? Nothing is ringing a bell right now as to other hunky guys.

They were in an age when it really would have mattered if more people knew of their preference. Now...not so much?

I love Bringing Up Baby. What's your fav CG movie?

Cary Grant was not gay. At least, neither he nor his family have ever admitted it if he was. In fact, he sued Chevy Chase for joking about it.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. We were looking at a picture of him, and said boy he was one good looking man. SHe said yeah, all the good looking ones were gay. I said are serious? She said, look it up. When I googled it, I came up with him being gay.

I wondered about Mr. Grant. Now I know. Yes on Rock Hudson. Isn't it strange that we think it would actually matter somehow? Nothing is ringing a bell right now as to other hunky guys.

They were in an age when it really would have mattered if more people knew of their preference. Now...not so much?

I like Arsenic and Old Lace, and My Favorite Wife.

I'm with Mrs. Mungo - Cary Grant was not gay. He is one of my favorite actors of all time. I love the movie Arsenic and Old Lace.

Sean Connery is my second favorite, but he's certainly not gay.

I *LOVE* Arsenic and Old Lace!!!

I know many people here love Sean Connery, but did you ever see the interview, or a clip, where he said sometimes women need to be slapped? I've hated him ever since.

I don't know whether he's short or tall. :confused:

I *LOVE* Arsenic and Old Lace!!!

I know many people here love Sean Connery, but did you ever see the interview, or a clip, where he said sometimes women need to be slapped? I've hated him ever since.

I don't know whether he's short or tall. :confused:

Yes, I did see that. I don't want to marry him - I just think he's gorgeous! :001_smile:

He's lucky he hasn't slapped the wrong woman (one who would tie him up in his sheet after he went to sleep and use a baseball bat on him). Not that I would do that . . .

There is an old Twilight Zone episode with a very young Robert Redford, he was SO pretty when he was young.

My dh is only 5'6", but he is taller than me!

He is ssssoooo very pretty in Barefoot in the Park. I don't really like men prettier than me though...

when I'm with my 7 ft. tall boyfriend, I'm able to truly appreciate his beauty because he doesn't realize how gorgeous he is, and he truly thinks he can't match MY beauty.

It's all so wonderful. Actually, it's perfect. :001_wub:

Paul Newman. The movie Exodus, where he walks out of the water after swimming in these brown shorts. :001_tt1::drool5:

I can't believe it took 18 posts for someone to mention Paul and his dreamy blue eyes. Sigh...

Although I've also been a Cary Grant girl since I was a teenager.

I've adored Cary Grant, Robert Redford, and Sean Connery.

Cary was so suave, so debonair, and seemed to truly enjoy his roles. (I just finished reading about his private life on Wikipedia :-)

Robert Redford: Jeremiah Johnson, sigh.

Sean Connery: did you see him *singing* in Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

I prefer to ignore their private lives and just enjoy looking. If I cared what my favorite actors and actresses did, I would never watch movies or tv again. When I do find out, I'm very disappointed and try to forget as quickly as possible.

I really like Gene Kelly, but it is a platonic relationship. He looked too much like my father.

my fav. movie he was in was the philadelphia story (jimmy stewart's best actor oscar btw). I've never been able to watch the remake/musical of it. (though grace kelly was beautiful and elegant)

hmm - to catch a thief?, arsenic and old lace?

I always thought Sean Connery was pretty good looking. Pierce Brosnan (who I swear was channeling GC in AandOL in one remington steele ep), Laurence Olivier was drool worthy in his younger days, Clark Gable . . . Fred Astaire was quite handsome as a young man, and still deboniar when he was older.

I have a Robert Redford story for you all. :D I went to college at BYU in Provo and Mr. Redford owns the backside of the mountain down there (Sundance, his ski resort). Anyway, it's just up Provo canyon, and it's the closest place to ski, so we went there quite a bit.

One snowy winter day in the mid-80s, my girlfriends and I piled into her crappy Datsun with even crappier tires, to play hooky from school and ski. Well, before the canyon was widened, the entrance to Sundance was a "blink and you'll miss it" turn off the road. My girlfriend blinked and made a fast turn to pull into the parking lot. Not a good idea in the crappy 70s Datsun she was driving. We got stuck...right in the entrance.

So, we're sitting in the car, trying to get it to move and spinning the wheels, when we hear this *tap, tap, tap* on the driver's side window. My friend rolls down the window (yes, manually, :lol:) and Robert Redford is standing there. "You ladies need some help?" :blink: "We're stuck." "Yes, I see that. (grin that made us all melt) How about I give you a little push into the parking lot?" "Why sure, Mr. Redford, whatever you like." :drool: "You can call me, Bob." *stupid giggling ensues from the car*

So, "Bob" returns to his pick-up and we all try to keep our composure inside the Datsun, because, well, he can see us, but a few girly squeals were emitted. My friend who is driving manages to put the car in neutral and keep her foot off the brake (no small feat under the circumstances, I assure you) and "Bob" pushes us into the parking lot, so his other paying customers can have access to the resort.

Anyway, we all jump out of the car, effusively thanking him (of course, he needed to hugged for performing such a valiant deed :D) and he was very sweet. He talked to us for about ten minutes, checked my friend's tires and told her to replace the rear ones, and then radioed to the admissions booth to give us each free lift tickets and a free meal at the Tree Room (his on-site restaurant). From that point on, we were all in :001_wub:

Just an FYI, for those who like short men....he's short. I'm 5'6" and he was barely taller than me.

I have a Robert Redford story for you all. :D I went to college at BYU in Provo and Mr. Redford owns the backside of the mountain down there (Sundance, his ski resort). Anyway, it's just up Provo canyon, and it's the closest place to ski, so we went there quite a bit.

One snowy winter day in the mid-80s, my girlfriends and I piled into her crappy Datsun with even crappier tires, to play hooky from school and ski. Well, before the canyon was widened, the entrance to Sundance was a "blink and you'll miss it" turn off the road. My girlfriend blinked and made a fast turn to pull into the parking lot. Not a good idea in the crappy 70s Datsun she was driving. We got stuck...right in the entrance.

So, we're sitting in the car, trying to get it to move and spinning the wheels, when we hear this *tap, tap, tap* on the driver's side window. My friend rolls down the window (yes, manually, :lol:) and Robert Redford is standing there. "You ladies need some help?" :blink: "We're stuck." "Yes, I see that. (grin that made us all melt) How about I give you a little push into the parking lot?" "Why sure, Mr. Redford, whatever you like." :drool: "You can call me, Bob." *stupid giggling ensues from the car*

So, "Bob" returns to his pick-up and we all try to keep our composure inside the Datsun, because, well, he can see us, but a few girly squeals were emitted. My friend who is driving manages to put the car in neutral and keep her foot off the brake (no small feat under the circumstances, I assure you) and "Bob" pushes us into the parking lot, so his other paying customers can have access to the resort.

Anyway, we all jump out of the car, effusively thanking him (of course, he needed to hugged for performing such a valiant deed :D) and he was very sweet. He talked to us for about ten minutes, checked my friend's tires and told her to replace the rear ones, and then radioed to the admissions booth to give us each free lift tickets and a free meal at the Tree Room (his on-site restaurant). From that point on, we were all in :001_wub:

Just an FYI, for those who like short men....he's short. I'm 5'6" and he was barely taller than me.

Heh if that happened to me I am afraid I would be giggling and I am in my thirties.

:001_wub::001_wub:

Sounds dreamy! I'd be :001_wub:, too. Then I'd ask him to introduce me to his friend, Paul! :tongue_smilie: