Menu

Wii Fit progress

So have the rest of you (that have one), kept up with your daily routine of the wii fit? How's it going in your house?

Well, here, the competition is great for several of the games. Everyone has something they are better at but a few family members reaching out to blast them out of the water!

And our results aren't bad either. Here is our weight loss from Friday evening when we got it til now:

Hubby's lost 2.7 pounds

DSon's lost 3.3 pounds

Daughter lost 5.8 pounds

and

MOM has lost 10.5 pounds!

Anyway, screen time rules changed here. Wii Fit and Wii Sports don't count in those. Any other games, computer, tv, do. They have X per week but can play Wii Fit all they want once homework and chores being done. Obviously we play a lot!

Now of course, our weight is evening out a little bit. I doubt we'll see big losses again, but just a pound or two per week now would be okay since we got the ball rolling.

Anyway, We really have enjoyed our wii fit. I have hope that it, with other things I do, might really work longer term than anything else.

Oh, I did do some partial measurements yesterday afternoon which were positive. I'll do full ones soon to show how much I've lost that way too but what I really want is to get into a couple of these pairs of jeans!

Hope everyone else is doing as well....

Cleo, obviously some of that is just water weight. Also, I have a fair amount of weight to lose.

Michelle, Wii Fit comes with the board and a program with 40 activities (some with varying levels of difficulty). We like the balance and aerobics activities best. Faves: hula hoop, running, boxing, aerobic step. Definitely can break a sweat :)

There are more games coming out that will use the wii fit board.

Wow, I am stunned...Amazing. My ds loooooooongs for Wiifit as he is a Wii lover. You might be convincing me. Regular Wii games give a decent workout compared to seditary screen time. Thanks for your heads up.

So have the rest of you (that have one), kept up with your daily routine of the wii fit? How's it going in your house?

Well, here, the competition is great for several of the games. Everyone has something they are better at but a few family members reaching out to blast them out of the water!

And our results aren't bad either. Here is our weight loss from Friday evening when we got it til now:

Hubby's lost 2.7 pounds

DSon's lost 3.3 pounds

Daughter lost 5.8 pounds

and

MOM has lost 10.5 pounds!

Anyway, screen time rules changed here. Wii Fit and Wii Sports don't count in those. Any other games, computer, tv, do. They have X per week but can play Wii Fit all they want once homework and chores being done. Obviously we play a lot!

Now of course, our weight is evening out a little bit. I doubt we'll see big losses again, but just a pound or two per week now would be okay since we got the ball rolling.

Anyway, We really have enjoyed our wii fit. I have hope that it, with other things I do, might really work longer term than anything else.

Oh, I did do some partial measurements yesterday afternoon which were positive. I'll do full ones soon to show how much I've lost that way too but what I really want is to get into a couple of these pairs of jeans!

Hope everyone else is doing as well....

I'm happy you posted. I'm considering a Wiifit and I think it'll be more fun for dd and I than a treadmill.

This was the topic of conversation between my sister and the psychologist for whom she works that convinced her to buy Wii Fit. The whole family is enjoying their exercise these days and my lovely sister has already shed a few extra pounds.

Wow, I want one even more now.

Unfortunately, I can't justify the expense right now - it's not a 'need' and we've already committed to a big family vacation and earlier this year completed major house rennovations so this purchase will have to wait.

Thank you for posting your results.

Were you really motivated to use it or was it so much fun it was motivating or a combination thereof? I admit I HATE excercise and unless it's disguised as chores or fun I have a hard time sticking with it (and it shows).

We do the Wii Fit as part of many changes we're making so we track all of that on SparkPeople. But since we started doing Wii Fit (after already changing our diet quite a bit), 4 in our family have lost a total of 12 pounds or so! That's dh, me and 2 oldest kiddos.

I think the fun and competition is the motivation. Also, that nothing is particularly long, unless you do it more than once. It helps to know you can get on it for 10 minutes if that is all you have.

Michelle, you can pick what you want to do for the most part. Some things aren't opened at very first and other things have levels to earn (gotta do short distance to get long). But once things are open, you can do whatever you want, in whatever order.

This morning, my son and I took a jog and decided to follow a dog instead of the person we were given. That was an interesting route through wii fit island. SO there are even different options within the options too :)

There is only one thing we won't be doing. It's the last balance exercise. Just a conscience matter. One thing out of 40 ain't bad though!

HTHs,

Pamela

This morning, my son and I took a jog and decided to follow a dog instead of the person we were given. That was an interesting route through wii fit island. SO there are even different options within the options too :)

HTHs,

Pamela

Oooh, that does sound fun!

Sorry, follow up question - if both you and your son were taking a jog, you were using two pads, right? One pad per player?

We got ours on Monday. I thought I'd never find one, but one of our Wal-Marts had 2 in stock. Everywhere else I looked was sold out and didn't know when they'd be getting more in.

I love it. It's not a full aerobic workout like I get on the elliptical or running, but I like the balance and strength exercises. I have bad posture, and it seems to help a lot. Even the "aerobic" games on the Wii Fit give my abs a workout.

Melinda,

Something aboiut sitting cross legged and watching a flame (trying to not make it flicker) and finding inner peace and something about Zen.

Like I said, not for our family though others may not have an issue with it.

There are lots of balance games and different levels to each of them. We won't miss that one ;)

After reading this, I'm really wanting one -- although the cost is a bit to swallow. We're closing on our land in 15 days, so we may just wait until that is done and we see where we sit financially.

I think my kids and I would enjoy it -- and it is small enough to work in our cramped space.

Thanks for the review!

That's great progress. Keep up the hard work. I can't wait for mine to arrive. Unfortunatly the place I pre-ordered from was a new company and couldn't handle all the orders they took. At least paypal helped me get a refund and I ordered one else where. It shipped yesterday and I can't wait to get it.

It sounds like so much fun.

I love my Wii Fit! We got ours the day it came out. We agreed it would be our shared anniversary gift since our anniversary was the day before. DH went to Wal Mart on his way to work at 7AM and was able to get one.

I was out of town for a few days so yesterday morning was the first morning I have used it as part of my exercise routine. I loved it! I actually broke more of a sweat and my heart rate was up more than when I ride the exercise bike! I was exhaused by the time I was finished. I did various things for about 30 minutes.

I unlocked the long distance run and did that twice....and the short distance one once. I did the aerobics step a few times. I'm trying to unlock the other aerobics step, but no success just yet. I did the hula hoop one several times and ended up unlocking the ultimate hoola hoop. I never knew that hula hooping could be so exhausting LOL!!! And I did a few stregnth training exercises.

I am sooooo sore this morning despite the fact that I exercise regularly. Shows that I used different muscles this time, which is great!!!!

I love that it keeps track of your progress and you can compare yourself against other family members. I called DH at work yesterday after I did the Ultimate hoola hoops and just had to tell him that I blew his record out of the water LOL!!

So yeah, we're loving our Fit!

I really want a Wii Fit! All of these reviews has made me want to break down and buy a video game system. I have a few questions:

1. I don't even have a Wii. What do I need to buy and where should I buy it?

2. What do I need to buy to use the Wii Fit and where can I find one?

3. Should I get the Sports package too?

The stores I've checked sold out already. I hope to get one in the very near future.

Chai,

I'm no expert. There are a few here on the board or your local Game Store will have an enthusiastic sales person bubbling with information.

Chai,

The wii itself is $249 and you should be able to get it at Walmart, Target, Fry's, whatever. Sometimes they, esp Walmart, want to rope you into a deal getting extra controllers, games, etc. A package like that usually runs $400-600. They are good if you want that, but we just went to Gamestop and got a wii by itself then bought extra controllers and a nunchuck at Walmart (we needed 4 controllers for our family).

The Sports package comes with the wii itself so you're good there. We love that also. Last night we played a round of bowling then two "best of 5" sets of tennis.

We got our Wii Fit at Gamestop also. They had at least a few and didn't blink when we asked for one. There are other games coming out for it also so if you have a skiing buff or whatever, they can get some of those extra games.

One game *I* want is BOOGIE. LOL The idea of singing and making a mii dance however I want for points excites me. I also want the wii DDR though I'm sure I'll stink at that. It about taxes my coordination to do the step aerobics and hula hoop on wii fit!

Okay, I'll stop rambling about video games.

I just realized that "a lot" (in my first post) could mean different things to different people. We've now had the thing almost a week and my son has the most time with almost 4 hours. I have just over 3.5 hours. I didn't check anyone else (just saw Ty's and mine this morning when we weighed in), but I would guess that my dd has about as much as my son and that my hubby has about 2 hours. Now, some may think that is too much screen time still, but I personally don't have an issue with less than an hour per week....and until yesterday, the kids didn't care about video games either. OF course, we're still getting plenty of other exercise, playing together as a family, working in the yard (like crazy--we have to PUSH over and acre), etc. So we're not just sitting on it all the time like my first post suggested. So even though I think it's healthier than most video games, I wanted to clarify that it hasn't made us junkies. Well and my argument is that it's a lot easier for us to be consistent with that than more than a walk in the mornings (plus all the yard work) with as hot as it is.

Well, I guess I'm just a little defensive on top of just wanting to clarify. I just wanted to share that we really liked it.

One game *I* want is BOOGIE. LOL The idea of singing and making a mii dance however I want for points excites me. I also want the wii DDR though I'm sure I'll stink at that. It about taxes my coordination to do the step aerobics and hula hoop on wii fit!

Okay, I'll stop rambling about video games.

I have DDR for Wii and love it(but I'm not very good at it, lol). I bought Boogie and didn't like it at all and since I bought it used, I was able to return it. It was too complicated for me, too hard to set up and I thought the directions were confusing. Also, I'm not a big karaoke fan, and that's a big part of Boogie. If you like karoake, you'll probably like Boogie just fine.

:iagree:

It's so much fun! I even enjoy the yoga. It isn't very "zen" but more of stretching and breathing exercises. I love the tree and triangle stretches the best.

We also love the advanced skiing, ski jumping, hula hooping, snowboarding and, of course, boxing!

I'm so excited LOL! I unlocked the Ultimate Dance Step this morning and the Free Run! I'm loving both of them.

The Free Run, you set your own time to run, it clocks your minutes and miles....and the Wii even tells you to turn the channel on your TV so you can watch TV and run, and the Wii Remote talks to you while you are running so you know how you are doing. I'm loving it! I cant run in place so I ran around the "circle" in our house that connects the kitchen, living room, and dining room. It still clocks me even when I'm not in front of the TV! Yay!!! And the best part....my 4 year old runs with me. She's not the "play outside" type, so this running is good for her!

As for the price and what you need.....we did make a pretty good initial investment. But we wanted to make sure we had stuff so we could use it to the fullest extent. We paid $250 for the Wii, we purchased two games, and bought the extra remotes so we would have a total of four. Since then we've aquired a few more games as gifts.....hubby got me Mario Kart with 2 wheels for Mothers Day, and we just got Wii Fit for our anniversary. The board and game come in a pack together and cost $90.

It has been worth it for us though. I'm not much of a video game person, but I'm loving the Wii.