Menu

We got a puppy today!

I posted 2 weeks ago about adopting either a black German shepherd with a food allergy or a corgi mix who was heartworm positive. We decided after much thought, prayer and discussion not to get either of them and kept looking. Today we went back to the shelter and adopted this darling!

232323232%7Ffp5326%3B%3Enu%3D45%3B4%3E454%3E23%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D33685579%3C732%3Bnu0mrj

Absolutely adorable. What breed(s)?

The shelter guessed lab/shepherd. She's about 3-4 months old, already pretty well housebroken, very friendly and loving.

the corgi is being adopted by a female college student, and we think it will be a much better home for him.

Gorgeous! Dd is a little jealous. We adopted a fully-grown dog so she missed that bitty puppy stage. But, she does get her fix (and see how much work they are) through our work at the shelter.

I prefer an older dog, but dh fell in love with this one, and the other fully grown dogs had some issues too. There was a husky mix I really liked, but she needed training on the leash and on not mouthing. And the other grown dog I really liked was nervous of dh. I love this puppy too, but they are a lot of work!