Menu

I hate drugs

My family has problems with drugs. It's just terrible. Last Monday two of my cousins were shot in a drug deal gone wrong. Here is where I first shared about it.

Friday, my aunt's (Dad's brother's wife) sister died of a drug overdose. Again, a seedy motel was involved. Her dh was too high to give important information about the location of her body to their son. It was just really sad. Our family knew her quite well.

Last night my sister's loser punk boyfriend got arrested for possession. This guy has overdosed on a ridiculous amount of drugs, from cough syrup to cocaine. Before I banned him from my house, he came over and tried to smoke wild ditch weed growing somewhere on our property. You can't get high on ditch weed, but the idiot tried. He also kept sneaking my rum. Why my beautiful, intelligent sister continues to put up with his crap is beyond my. Did I mention he supposedly used her car to acquire the drugs for which he was arrested? At least that is his story. He is a chronic liar who cannot be trusted at all.

Drugs suck. Seriously.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Being emotionally strong in a situation like that must be an epic struggle.

Dh's best friend got so drunk a few weekends ago at our house, he got insulted at his wife, she had to take the keys from him, he tried to punch in the window of his car, then took off to 'walk' home to NYC. We had to go out and find him.

Her household is breaking apart and my heart is breaking for her.

Yup, drugs suck.

Edited by justamouse

Two of DH's bothers have a problem with drugs. One is hooked on perscription painkillers and the other is on crack. All the brothers just got a small sum of money as an inheritance a few weeks ago. The crack addicted brother called DH wanting to borrow money yesterday. All the money is already gone. :glare: He has been in our lives so infrequently that he couldn't probably identify Little Librarian or myself in a crowd.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

My cousin (same age as me) has lost her kids, husband, house, car, inherited money- everything to drugs. She's been in jail twice now and lives with an abusive @-hole. At this point, I don't care too much what happens to her- she has no desire to get help. It's sickening to see what her kids are going through because of her.