Menu

Amazing deal for National Geographic for Kids!

Samiam

Mamapedia, a site that offers great deals for families, has National Geographic for Kids for $12!! Plus on their home page, they have coupon for another $4.00 off that price!

What an amazing add-on for our ECC year and anyone else doing a world geography/culture study!

Just wanted to share:

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription?ref_data=national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription&ref_id=312651&ref_type=bw3

Mamapedia, a site that offers great deals for families, has National Geographic for Kids for $12!! Plus on their home page, they have coupon for another $4.00 off that price!

What an amazing add-on for our ECC year and anyone else doing a world geography/culture study!

Just wanted to share:

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription?ref_data=national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription&ref_id=312651&ref_type=bw3

Did this link give you credit for "inviting" me? I just ordered for the first time and then felt bad because I didn't get anyone the $10 credit. :001_unsure: But then I thought maybe this link was connected to you somehow?

I ordered it too. Thanks for sharing. Did anyone else get an e-mail confirmation about their order? I ordered over an hour ago and haven't gotten any confirmation. I realize it could be in my junk mail manager....but I can never open that darn thing (the little wheel keeps turning and turning and turning and......until finally I X out).

Just a word of caution: if you've never seen a copy of this magazine, you might want to find one before subscribing. My daughter got a gift subscription this year, and I'm really not a fan. There's very little text and a lot of seemingly random content.

My daughter likes it okay, but she's not jumping up and down with enthusiasm, either.

It definitely seems like it's geared to compete with cartoons as an entertainment medium, rather than being meant for kids who might actually like to learn something in more depth.

Just a word of caution: if you've never seen a copy of this magazine, you might want to find one before subscribing. My daughter got a gift subscription this year, and I'm really not a fan. There's very little text and a lot of seemingly random content.

My daughter likes it okay, but she's not jumping up and down with enthusiasm, either.

It definitely seems like it's geared to compete with cartoons as an entertainment medium, rather than being meant for kids who might actually like to learn something in more depth.

This magazine was very upsetting to my son. It always seemed to be about some animal being destroyed or some part of the Earth being wrecked, and he felt personally responsible, as if he had done it. He would be tearful for days.

Guest submarines

:iagree: I checked it today at the library, and it is NOTHING like the adult version. Not only there is *very little* content, but the are way too many ads for my liking. And while I appreciate looking through the ads in the version for adults, for cool camearas and binoculars and what not, and I'm not overwhelmed by them, the ads in the NGK are low class pop culture ads. The ads for movies and junk food--:eek:

Page layout is so scattered, it is often hard to distinguish where are ads, and where is the actual content. Yes, I'm cynical, and I think it is done on purpose.

This magazine, unfortunately, is a very poor match with our family values.

I love their website, though. My daughter learned a lot from there.

I'm disappointed. I was so eager to subscribe.

:iagree: I checked it today at the library, and it is NOTHING like the adult version. Not only there is *very little* content, but the are way too many ads for my liking. And while I appreciate looking through the ads in the version for adults, for cool camearas and binoculars and what not, and I'm not overwhelmed by them, the ads in the NGK are low class pop culture ads. The ads for movies and junk food--:eek:

Oh, right! I forgot to mention the annoying ads!

This is making me nostalgic for the World magazine of my youth.

We were gifted a subscription to National Geographic for Kids. It goes in the junk mail trash every month...and my children are the ones who put it there. There are just too many silly advertisements and maybe one article. I guess you know you are a homeschooler when you expect the educational information from a nature/geography/science related magazine to be the entertainment...and when this info is not there, the children notice it first. We prefer the Ranger Rick gift subscription we received this year by far over NG for Kids because it actually has articles and nice photos of real animals.

Guest submarines
We were gifted a subscription to National Geographic for Kids. It goes in the junk mail trash every month...and my children are the ones who put it there. There are just too many silly advertisements and maybe one article. I guess you know you are a homeschooler when you expect the educational information from a nature/geography/science related magazine to be the entertainment...and when this info is not there, the children notice it first. We prefer the Ranger Rick gift subscription we received this year by far over NG for Kids because it actually has articles and nice photos of real animals.

:iagree: DD adores ASK magazine. http://www.cricketmag.com/ASK-ASK-Magazine-for-Kids-ages-6-9