Menu

Please share your favorite crockpot recipe! :-))

1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 large bottle barbecue sauce

1 can cranberry sauce

Cook for 6 hours on low. 7 if frozen. I break up the chicken, in pulled pork style, and serve on sandwiches or over cornbread. Sometimes I had a can of red beans.

Remove whole chicken from fridge. Rinse in sink and pat dry. Place in slow cooker and season as desired. :lol:

No, really. Leave it on low for about 10 hours. It's delicious as long as you like the amount and type of seasonings you put on it! If you want to get creative you can stuff the cavity and/or cook vegetables in there with it. Our favorite way is salt, pepper, garlic powder, and squeezing the juice of a lemon over it, then stuffing the lemon in the cavity along with a few basil leaves, with peeled red potatoes and carrots cooked alongside. Put hard veggies like those in about halfway through the cooking time. It even works if the chicken is frozen, but that makes a whole lot of broth. Oh well, all the better for making leftovers into chicken soup!

My other favorite is much less healthy. Frozen roast (I like chuck roast, but whatever's on sale is fine), 1 cup of Coke or Pepsi (not a can, but a cup), a packet of brown gravy mix, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Mix the Coke, gravy mix, and soup together in the slow cooker. Add the meat and turn it to coat. I leave that all day too, and turn it over about halfway through so both sides get into the delicious gravy. Potatoes and carrots go well with that too. I put a lot of potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker!

My DH invented what he calls "Italian Chicken and Rice", which is similar to myfatherslily's recipe. He pours cream of chicken soup and a can of Italian diced tomatoes over frozen chicken pieces. When it's dinner time he steams some veggies in the microwave and cooks rice. Done. Oh, and "Hawaiian BBQ Chicken and Rice", which is a bottle of barbecue sauce and a can of pineapple chunks (with juice, don't drain it) over frozen chicken pieces. With rice. He's very creative!

Edited by SunD

4 (or so - depending on how many you're feeding) chicken breasts, either fresh or frozen; a jar of salsa; a can of black beans, drained and rinsed; and a can or frozen corn (I don't really measure if it's frozen). I set it to med/low and let it cook for at least 5 hours. About 1/2 way through, I shred the chicken. It's great served over rice the first night and tortillas the next.

She goes beyond my normal tastes at times, but there are some gems there:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html

We had the Herb Garden Chicken a few nights ago, and it was a keeper. DH gave me her first cookbook for Christmas when it came out, and I recently found the second one at a use book sale. Definitely worth it to me to have on the shelf.

I use her method of making yogurt, and then strain it for Greek yogurt.

4-5 frozen chicken breasts

1 bag frozen corn

1 can black beans rinsed

1 can dived stewed tomatoes

1 can red enchiladas sauce, pick your favorite, we use hot

1-2 cans chicken broth

1-2 cans dived green chilies

Sat, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin to taste

Dump in pot

Cook on low 6-8 hours, high 4-6 hours

When nearly done, remove chicken and dice or shred, replace and let cook 30 minutes

Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chips

You can add or take away anything you like and it still comes out great!

This is my favorite. We got it from all-recipes originally, bit we make it different Everytime.

If you like curry, any curry recipe rocks in the crockpot. I am lazy. I use a jar of pataks sauce (not curry paste) and a can of full fat coconut milk. Mix in the crockpot. Add meat or beans or potatoes and cauliflower. Cook till dinner. Serve on basmati rice with wedges of lime and a cilantro garnish. Makes your house smell amazing.

We like Taco Soup, White Chicken Chili, Gumbo, Roasted Chicken, Pot Roast with onions and garlic, barbecue pork/chicken, hawaiian chicken, curry, red beans w/sausage served over rice, black bean soup...There is a lot really, just depends on what your looking for. Many recipes can be adapted for a crockpot too.

A little tip: chicken thigh meat does the best in a crock pot as far as chicken goes. White meat tends to dry out making it a little tough and 'stringy'. The roast chicken isn't bad (but the breast have a tendency to be dry out), but I've just always had better tasting dishes with thighs in them. The kids always like the dish better too.

AllRecipes.com is a great site for slowcooker recipes. There are others out there too. I have some favorites printed out that I've altered to suit our tastes, but whenever I"m looking for something new, I just pop online and do a search.

Goodluck!

My favorite crock pot recipes are super easy.

I think someone already mentioned this....but throw in some chicken breasts, a can or two of cream of mushroom soup, a can of mushrooms or fresh mushrooms (optional). When done, serve over rice. Yummy!

Throw in some cubed venison (or beef), sprinkle in a couple packages of dry onion soup mix. Add a little water (might add more water as it cooks). When done, thicken the gravy and serve over mashed potatoes. Scrumptious!

Here's my newest find....I multiplied this recipe several times and served it at my dd's graduation party. You might be surprised by one of the ingredients...but definitely try it! People just raved about it and I didn't have any left to bring home. :glare: :001_smile: It's really, really good!

4 (or so - depending on how many you're feeding) chicken breasts, either fresh or frozen; a jar of salsa; a can of black beans, drained and rinsed; and a can or frozen corn (I don't really measure if it's frozen). I set it to med/low and let it cook for at least 5 hours. About 1/2 way through, I shred the chicken. It's great served over rice the first night and tortillas the next.

I made this last night. It was so good! We ate it on tortillas, but it would be good on a salad as well. It is also very healthy.

Put a pork butt in the crock-pot sprinkle it with salt and put the lid on...cook it for about 8hrs on low or until it starts to fall apart! Really that's all, you can then pull it and you can put your favorite BBQ sauce on it. Serve with slaw and fries! yum yum

* Season both sides of a roast (beef or pork) cook on high for the day. Many times I will chunk some carrots and onions in there too. There's plenty of juice if you want to make gravy too. I cook my potatoes on the side b/c there's not room to make enough in the CP

* I just made meatloaf in there and it came out good. I used my usual recipe and cooked it on low all day.

* Cook a roast and shred it. Not just for BBQ, but add sloppy joe mix or gravy or spaghetti sauce or salsa...can be eaten on tortillas, tacos, over rice or pasta. Just think of it as a build your own...you need meat+sauce+starch

One thing I do a lot for veggies is slice up something raw, like peppers and cukes. Or fresh fruit. Easy!

This is my favorite crockpot recipe.

8 oz cream cheese (though I use less)

1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix

1 can cream of chicken soup or melt 1T butter in saucepan, stir in 1T flour, stir in 1 1/2c chicken broth

Mix the above together and pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high 4 hours. Serve with rice and frozen veg.

I noticed there are a lot of chicken recipes so far. Here is a fam fav at my house.

I bag frozen chicken breasts

1 large can of ROTEL diced tomatoes.

cook low alllllllllll day! Shread the chicken and put on warm flour tortillas with monterey jack cheese. YUM!

18-20 jumbo pasta shells

1/2 lb of ground beef

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion salt

one egg

1 jar of spaghetti sauce *

1/4 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs **

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese ***

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cook noodles in boiling water for 7 minutes. Brown ground meat and seasonings together. Mix together meat, bred crumbs, egg, and cheese. Stuff inside pasta shells. pour half of the spaghetti sauce in crock pot. place stuffed shells on the sauce. pour the other half of the sauce. Cook on low four hours.

* We use LaFamigla del Grosso's Aunt Mary Ann's Sunday Marinara

** 1-2 slices of bread, toasted with Italian seasoning add to it is what I use

*** I usually top the whole thing with a bit more mozzarella.

It usually makes around 6-7 servings for my family. We love it!!!

Remove whole chicken from fridge. Rinse in sink and pat dry. Place in slow cooker and season as desired. :lol:

No, really. Leave it on low for about 10 hours. It's delicious as long as you like the amount and type of seasonings you put on it! If you want to get creative you can stuff the cavity and/or cook vegetables in there with it. Our favorite way is salt, pepper, garlic powder, and squeezing the juice of a lemon over it, then stuffing the lemon in the cavity along with a few basil leaves, with peeled red potatoes and carrots cooked alongside. Put hard veggies like those in about halfway through the cooking time. It even works if the chicken is frozen, but that makes a whole lot of broth. Oh well, all the better for making leftovers into chicken soup!

My other favorite is much less healthy. Frozen roast (I like chuck roast, but whatever's on sale is fine), 1 cup of Coke or Pepsi (not a can, but a cup), a packet of brown gravy mix, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Mix the Coke, gravy mix, and soup together in the slow cooker. Add the meat and turn it to coat. I leave that all day too, and turn it over about halfway through so both sides get into the delicious gravy. Potatoes and carrots go well with that too. I put a lot of potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker!

My DH invented what he calls "Italian Chicken and Rice", which is similar to myfatherslily's recipe. He pours cream of chicken soup and a can of Italian diced tomatoes over frozen chicken pieces. When it's dinner time he steams some veggies in the microwave and cooks rice. Done. Oh, and "Hawaiian BBQ Chicken and Rice", which is a bottle of barbecue sauce and a can of pineapple chunks (with juice, don't drain it) over frozen chicken pieces. With rice. He's very creative!

A tip for doing a whole chicken in the crockpot. Place 4 or 5 balls of aluminum foil under the chicken to keep it out of the drippings. Otherwise it will be a mushy falling apart mess after basically stewing in its own drippings all day.

We made this a few nights ago, except I used a beef roast instead of chicken and added salt, pepper, and cumin. It was awesome! Last night we did Green Pepper Chicken (from the Year of Slow Cooking website) and Asian Barbecue Chicken (instead of marinating/grilling I put it all in the crockpot and shredded). I made a huge pot of basmati rice to go with it, and we're eating leftovers for the next two nights. :001_smile: