Menu

Would you have 2 dryers?

We are moving to a house that has a washer and gas dryer. I have a newer front loader with match dryer.

I was thinking of taking out the older washer and then stacking my front loading set and leaving the gas dryer. It would make laundry go so much faster having 2 dryers as the washer washes faster than the dryer dries. We would have to add a 220 plug for the electric dryer.

What do you think? 2 dryers or just my newer set?

Personally I would keep both washers. :D I line dry almost all of my clothes. I put them in the dryer just long enough to warm them up and help remove wrinkles and have wooden drying wracks that I use. My one dryer could keep up pretty easily with the two washers though and WOW could I go through our laundry fast.:lol:

Personally I would keep both washers. :D I line dry almost all of my clothes. I put them in the dryer just long enough to warm them up and help remove wrinkles and have wooden drying wracks that I use. My one dryer could keep up pretty easily with the two washers though and WOW could I go through our laundry fast.:lol:

This is me too. I hang all our clothes (with a few exceptions like baby clothes) so I'd have no use for 2 dryers. 2 washers though? :drool5: *swoon*

:iagree:

I'd use one washer for dirtydirtydirty clothes and rugs, and use the new washer for regular loads.

They dryer never holds my up because we line dry, also. But, oh, to have 2 washers! :001_smile:

I would make a way, come hell or high water, to KEEP BOTH SETS! But I have laundry issues, every time I get a week behind, it takes a month to dig my way out again..... :blush:

One of my favorite laundry experiences was using a laundromat when on vacation. It was empty, so I was able to do all 5 loads at once. AMAZING!!!

I was caught up in one day, not weeks...

We are moving to a house that has a washer and gas dryer. I have a newer front loader with match dryer.

I was thinking of taking out the older washer and then stacking my front loading set and leaving the gas dryer. It would make laundry go so much faster having 2 dryers as the washer washes faster than the dryer dries. We would have to add a 220 plug for the electric dryer.

What do you think? 2 dryers or just my newer set?

absolutely!

I do have the option of keeping BOTH sets if I wanted as there are washer and dryer hook ups in the basement. Problem is, that would mean me going back to lugging clothes up and down the steps which I want to avoid :-)

Hanging clothes isn't a good option where we live in the woods as all kinds of "stuff" blows/drops on the clothes but possibly if we get enough trees out at our new place.

The laundry room does have cabinets and a walk in closet already.