Menu

What would you do with a $25 gift?

So I received a $25 check in the mail from my grandparents as a gift. I'm usually a pretty frugal person and I also usually put the money my grandparents and other relatives send me into savings. But, for once I would like to loosen up and just buy something fun. But it's really hard for me to treat myself to anything.

So, I'm looking for some fun ideas - what would you splurge on with $25? :bigear:

If you like coffee, buy yourself a gift card to the local coffeehouse, and you can get several little treats spread out (get the card so you don't spend the money on something else).

You can get fun and funky earrings for that amount.

Books.

Good chocolate, not to be shared :D

I like to eat by myself (with a book), so I'd consider a nice lunch out.

A new purse or tote.

If you like coffee, buy yourself a gift card to the local coffeehouse, and you can get several little treats spread out (get the card so you don't spend the money on something else).

Books.

A new purse or tote.

:iagree: Especially with the books and good chocolate part. Have fun!

I'd probably do something practical (as usual) like ink for my printer or some other tommyrot, but the RIGHT thing to do is do what the giver would have me to do and TREAT MYSELF for a change. So, with that in mind, I'd go out on a date night with my husband (and find a sitter).

Y'all have some good ideas - a lot of them are things that would be real treats for me.:)

But, I still feel such guilt about not saving every last spare penny. mhg maybe I should think of it that way - that the giver intended me to use it for something fun and to treat myself. So really I'm doing the right thing by spending it on something frivolous and fun.

Why is this so hard for me? :tongue_smilie:

Books. :) I'll take books over clothes unless I really need clothes, lol.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: So totally me :D

Books.

A new purse or tote.

:iagree: but these work too:D

I have a hard time buying for myself even when it is gift for me. I feel guilty cause we need this or that. If I can't find something I want right away I put the money in a special spot in my wallet to use later, either on one purchase or several little things. Like a new magazine or book, a coffee drink here and there.

Oh and I love going to yard sales and thrift stores. I will use my "stash" to buy things there.