Menu

Maternity clothes at Kmart ?

Does Kmart still carry maternity clothes?

I have been having trouble finding nice maternity clothes (that don't cost a fortune!) and remembered that most of the nicer things I have all came from Kmart. Unfortunately, they were all purchased 10 years ago and we don't frequent Kmart at all anymore, so I don't know if they still carry them or not.

I did look at their website, but they don't list any maternity clothes online that I could find. And yes, I know I could call the store, but I'm not crazy about making phone calls.

Thank you, in advance. :001_smile:

Our K-Mart does not carry maternity clothes anymore. I remember buying some when I was pregnant several years ago. Recently a friend needed maternity clothes and I was shocked to find out that neither our k-Mart or walmart carries maternity clothes. She had to drive 45 mins to a big city to get some.

I don't know about Kmart, but Walmart and Target have them usually. And the Target ones are a little more fashionable. Not sure about prices.

You may be stuck calling, unless you want to take the drive out there.

Maybe you can order some shirts online? Pants might be tricky.

Thank you! I was afraid that they might have done something similar to Walmart, and I wanted to check before making a wasted trip. I'm having a hard time finding anything "nice" that we can afford to buy, and the options are getting fewer and further between. We're going to go by Kohl's on the weekend so I'll look there.

eta: replying to first comment - forgot to quote.

Edited by lorien

Kohls has some---look in their discount section first, you can find some really good deals.

I bought most of mine at Goodwill, most stores have them separated into a section of their own. Plus GW has 50% off days (usually the day before a holiday--so check before memorial day!)

Are there any consignment stores nearby? Some childrens consignment stores carry mommy stuff as well.

I just noticed my jeans are getting little bit tight so I'm heading off to a few local thrift stores in the next month or so. A couple of them apparently have maternity sections. Might be worth a try - that or local consignment shops.

:blush: I'm a bit of a clothing snob and like to buy new. But, if we can't find anything else, I'm going to have to start thinking used.

I don't know about KMart' date=' but Target does![/quote']

I was forgetting about Target, and will look there too. Thanks for reminding me!

I don't know about Kmart, but Walmart and Target have them usually. And the Target ones are a little more fashionable. Not sure about prices.

You may be stuck calling, unless you want to take the drive out there.

Maybe you can order some shirts online? Pants might be tricky.

Our Walmart stopped carrying maternity clothes at least 2 - 4 years ago. I can't remember if I went looking for them when we were expecting dd, or if it was later. Our Kmart may still carry some, but I'm not going to bother going there. It's kind of out of the way from where we usually shop. So, I won't bother making the call. :001_smile:

I did try ordering pants online from Walmart (cheapest I could find). I ordered my usual size and it wasn't until after I tried them on, and found that they were way too small, that I checked their sizing charts. Everywhere I've looked I'm a medium....at Walmart I'm an extra large. No wonder the pants were too tight! :tongue_smilie:

:blush: I'm a bit of a clothing snob and like to buy new. But, if we can't find anything else, I'm going to have to start thinking used.

:) I just can't stand spending $ on clothes when there's a bookshelf that could still fit a book or two on it. :D

:) I just can't stand spending $ on clothes when there's a bookshelf that could still fit a book or two on it. :D

I'd much rather buy books too, but both dh and I have a dislike of previously worn clothing. I am hoping to scrap through with as few new clothes as I can. But, the need has become a little more pressing as my "normal" shirts are starting to get tight around the middle, I've worn out (and grown out of!) my normal capris....and just found out today that I generously donated one of my nicer maternity tops! :glare: At least, I can't find it anywhere.

I haven't seen maternity clothes in a KMart in years and the Walmarts I have been in stopped selling them about a year or so ago. :glare:

Check out Motherhood Maternity, too. They sometimes have some good sales and their clothes are nice. I like Old Navy's clothes, but sometimes their sizing is waaaay off!

I found some maternity jeans on clearance at JC Penney's recently - they can have some really great sales/coupons so look for that. I also like Old Navy maternity (although I agree the sizing can be off.) Kohl's and Target both have affordable maternity (and Kohl's has great coupons, sales too) The other day I found two pairs of brand new looking maternity jeans at our local Goodwill. (but I see that you don't like used clothes)

Have fun searching! :)

ps. I love Gap maternity - but they aren't really "cheap" :) I bought some of their tanks and lived in them last pregnancy through the summer :)

During my last pregnancy I wondered why it was getting so hard to find maternity clothes. Really, why is it? Women have babies. You can't walk around naked. Why would Kmart and WalMart not carry these items?

In my area Target and Khol's still carry them. I usually don't like to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes, because I'm always convinced "this is the last time" I will need them.

For my last two pregnancies I got away without buying any maternity clothes. I just bought shirts one size larger than normal and a belly band. I was able to wear my own jeans with a belly band up until the last month. Then I dug out my one pair of maternity jeans. For me it helped that I don't get out much during the last month.

There's also a store called Motherhood that has some really cute maternity clothes, if you can find one. That's where I got most of my clothes for my first two pregnancies. They were very affordable (at least they were 9 and 10 years ago).

I bought almost all of my maternity clothes from Walmart.com . You can't beat the prices: tops for $7-12 or even less, jeans for $18. Shipping is only .97 cents per item and if you don't like it or it doesn't fit, you can return it at your local Walmart. I've started buying a lot of our clothes this way...so much nicer than having to go to Walmart and then not being able to find the right size etc.

I also found some nice tops at JCPenney.com.

Susan in TX