Menu

Prayers Please

My nephew, Declan, was diagnosed with hydrocephalus last week. He is in surgery today getting a shunt put into his head that will lead down to his stomach.

Thank you :grouphug:

UPDATE, the surgery went well. Declan is back to his sweet little self. Pictures at the bottom of page two :D

Edited by lionfamily1999

Praying for the little guy and his parents. It's nobody's fault, it just happens! Hopefully they can find the strength they need! in John 14:27 Jesus promises to give peace. If they are Christians, have them read that text. It's my favorite and I refer to it often!

Hugs and prayers for them!

Prayers. My son has hydrocephalus. Once the initial surgery is complete, it is relatively easy to manage. In most cases, if there are not other health problems, a child might need a shunt revision after a couple of years but they are usually home within 24 hours, and back to playing in 48 hours. My son had his initial shunt at age 3, a revision at age 6, and nothing since. He'll be 19 in a couple of weeks. The Hydrocephalus Association- http://www.hydroassoc.org/ - is an excellent resource. Feel free to pm me for my email if they would like to make contact with someone who has been there.

He's out of surgery, awake, pale and fussy :D

Thank you all for being "here" for me. The doctor said everything went well.

Prayers. My son has hydrocephalus. Once the initial surgery is complete, it is relatively easy to manage. In most cases, if there are not other health problems, a child might need a shunt revision after a couple of years but they are usually home within 24 hours, and back to playing in 48 hours. My son had his initial shunt at age 3, a revision at age 6, and nothing since. He'll be 19 in a couple of weeks. The Hydrocephalus Association- http://www.hydroassoc.org/ - is an excellent resource. Feel free to pm me for my email if they would like to make contact with someone who has been there.

They're hoping to be home tomorrow and I'll ask them. If anything, just reading what you've written here will be a big relief. They joined a support group, but it's scared them even worse.

Thank you Jean :)

Everyone's settled down a lot now that the surgery is over and done with. All of those trolls posts made me hesitant to post here, but this morning I was so worried... I threw caution to the wind.

It makes me so angry that those troll hunters have genuine people afraid to post their genuine needs. I'm glad that you asked for prayer.

He's out of surgery, awake, pale and fussy :D

Thank you all for being "here" for me. The doctor said everything went well.

They're hoping to be home tomorrow and I'll ask them. If anything, just reading what you've written here will be a big relief. They joined a support group, but it's scared them even worse.

I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

My boyfriend was born 19 years ago about 3 months premature. He had hydrocephalus and while he still has the shunt, he is a full-time college student who wrestles for his school and couldn't be healthier. He was also the goalie for our field hockey team and basically will play any rough, hands-on sport out there.

I'll continue to keep them in my thoughts.

Just so's you know, I'm forwarding the messages (sans names) to my brother and sil. They're preoccupied today, cuddling Declan and I can't blame them, but Roland wants me to tell you all that he appreciates your prayers and support and they'll read all the messages once they get home :grouphug:

I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

My boyfriend was born 19 years ago about 3 months premature. He had hydrocephalus and while he still has the shunt, he is a full-time college student who wrestles for his school and couldn't be healthier. He was also the goalie for our field hockey team and basically will play any rough, hands-on sport out there.

I'll continue to keep them in my thoughts.

Stephanie, these sort of stories mean a lot. Thank you.