Menu

Silly mistakes you have made

We have lived in this area for 4 years now. I just realized that the popular, hopping, restaurant downtown that I ALWAYS thought was a Mexican place, is in fact a gay bar. I walked past it one night while attending a gallery hop and thought "Wow, it must be man night at the Mexican place." Then I stopped and stared, and realized, Noooo....it is a gay bar.

My friend asked me what I was doing, and I said "I just realized this is not a Mexican restaurant. I always thought it was." She laughed till she cried, because evidently it is a very popular and well known place.

A few weeks ago I came across a book title that interested me. Several times I have gone to the library website to reserve it...but I couldn't remember the name. A few times I was at the library, knew the name, but it fell out of my head the moment I entered the doorway.

The book is about how the internet affects the brain and memory and depth of thought.

:001_huh::001_huh:

What are yours?? :lurk5:

My church volunteered at a homeless shelter and would offer to pray with people in the shelter if they wanted us to.

A man asked me to pray for "a friend."

So I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would send him a friend. (Since that was what he wanted, right?) The man just gave me a sad smile, thanked me and left.

Afterwards, I realized that he wanted me to "pray for a friend that I already have who's in trouble and needs help."

I felt SO STUPID.

For the longest time, whenever I would see the abbreviation ITBS, I thought it was "Irritable Bowel Syndrome"

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why so many people had it and why they were posting about it on the K-8 forum! :lol:

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why so many people had it and why they were posting about it on the K-8 forum! :lol:

:lol::lol:

When I was a kid, I thought euthanasia was a communist group for college students in India. A sort of SDS for Hindus. It was, after all, 1968, and such groups were in the news.

Around the same age I came upon the word "elucidate". I read it as euclidate, and thought it meant to make something as logical as geometry. I was a weird 10 year old, I think.

Edited by kalanamak

:lol::lol:

When I was a kid, I thought euthanasia was a communist group for college students in India. A sort of SDS for Hindus. It was, after all, 1968, and such groups were in the news.

I only heard people say the word euthanasia and thought it was "youth in asia". I wondered what was so bad about us youth in Asia. . . When I first saw it written, I said "Oh!"

I have avoided a local group called the "Funschoolers" because I thought they were unschoolers and I'm not.

No...they are homeschoolers looking to do do fun things together.

Oops.

I've since joned and they are,indeed, fun, lol.

I only heard people say the word euthanasia and thought it was "youth in asia". I wondered what was so bad about us youth in Asia. . . When I first saw it written, I said "Oh!"

I thought I was the only one! This happened to me too my first year in college!

:iagree: I vividly remember wondering this but not wanting to embarrass myself by asking.

We have lived in this area for 4 years now. I just realized that the popular, hopping, restaurant downtown that I ALWAYS thought was a Mexican place, is in fact a gay bar. I walked past it one night while attending a gallery hop and thought "Wow, it must be man night at the Mexican place." Then I stopped and stared, and realized, Noooo....it is a gay bar.

My friend asked me what I was doing, and I said "I just realized this is not a Mexican restaurant. I always thought it was." She laughed till she cried, because evidently it is a very popular and well known place.

:lol: :lol:

Thank goodness there wasn't a night you decided to take the kids out for a chimichanga! :tongue_smilie:

I was perusing my MIL's Schwann's catalog a few years ago and came across a tin of popcorn.

I turned to my husband and BIL and said "What in the world is manatee popcorn?"

My husband was like "huh?" He looked over my shoulder and said..."Babe, that says matinee popcorn...as in movie popcorn. Not the sea creature."

My face turned as red as a sheet and we laughed and laughed. We now say whenever one of us does something so obviously dumb that we are having a "Manatee Moment."

Hubs even bought me a Manatee magnet for my fridge and presented it with a quirky little smile. I love that magnet!!!