Menu

Amazing Race..."thanks, Captain Obvious" was the funniest line ever!

Last night episode was wonderful! The poetic justice of the way it ended for the Pinks was very nice to see. We laughed so hard, and wanted to strangle the boyfriend on quite a few occasions. That couple alone provided so many illustrations of what NOT to tolerate in a boyfriend or what NOT to be as a boyfriend.

Just wanted to share!

I actually thought it was kind of rude, but still funny. I think the lady was just trying to be nice.

I've been sort of pouting every since the cowboys got eliminated. I HATE that they got U-turned. I REALLY like them. Now I'm not sure who I want to win now.

The pinks were a hot mess this week. They've been needing to go home for a while now. I hate to say it, but I'm glad they're out.

I think next week is the finale.

I actually thought it was kind of rude, but still funny. I think the lady was just trying to be nice.

I've been sort of pouting every since the cowboys got eliminated. I HATE that they got U-turned. I REALLY like them. Now I'm not sure who I want to win now.

The pinks were a hot mess this week. They've been needing to go home for a while now. I hate to say it, but I'm glad they're out.

I understand what you're saying, but I think instead of nice she came off as condescending in which case "Captain Obvious" was a pretty good retort. I think he was Simon Cowell in that moment...he said what everyone wished they could say!!! :D

Oh my gravy....i miss the cowboys :(

The poetic justice of the way it ended for the Pinks was very nice to see. We laughed so hard, and wanted to strangle the boyfriend on quite a few occasions. That couple alone provided so many illustrations of what NOT to tolerate in a boyfriend or what NOT to be as a boyfriend.

Also, what not to be as a girlfriend. I think she was in the wrong almost as often as he was. But he was incredibly whiney on top of it all. Blech.

I just loved the line about the Matterhorn being named after the Disney ride. I hope he was kidding!

Snarf! Me too. I really hope he was kidding, but I'm afraid he might not have been.

I miss the cowboys too. I think they should have been brought back, because with the exception of the first 2 teams, nobody else actually measured the country, they just got the answer from one of the first 2 teams to complete the task, where the cowboys actually went back and DID the task. I hate that!

The pinks...ugh. I'm so glad they're gone. He was more of a girl than she was and drove me crazy.

The Globetrotters were my second favorite team, but after they U-Turned my favorite team (the cowboys), I had to quit rooting for them. I guess I'm now pulling for Gary and Mallory or maybe the two sisters. I dunno.

I think the Cowboys are my all time favorite team. What a great couple of guys! So now I want every one who cheated to get through that moped challenge to lose. I hate that they let them cheat that way.

BTW, I had just said to my family that if the Pinks win the whole enchilada that I'm never watching Amazing Race again. LOL, good thing they were eliminated, huh?

Edited by slr1765

Did you know that Zev has Asperger's? Sometimes those things just slip out :001_smile:.

My son loooooovvvvved the cowboys. He is rooting for the Globetrotters now, which is surprising since they U-turned the cowboys! I like just about everyone left, so I won't be too upset with who wins. I'm probably rooting for Zev and Justin most.

My son can also mimic Kent extraordinarily well. We're still hearing, "Vyxsin! Get out of that water!" :D

Amazing Race is such a fun show.

James Bond and I would love to go on TAR (I just want to meet Phil), but we'd probably kill each other before it was over. ;)

Also, we think they wouldn't pick us because, while we've got smashing personalities, we've traveled too much outside the US and know how not NOT act like idiots in a foreign country. :D

Did you know that Zev has Asperger's? Sometimes those things just slip out :001_smile:.

My son loooooovvvvved the cowboys. He is rooting for the Globetrotters now, which is surprising since they U-turned the cowboys! I like just about everyone left, so I won't be too upset with who wins. I'm probably rooting for Zev and Justin most.

My son can also mimic Kent extraordinarily well. We're still hearing, "Vyxsin! Get out of that water!" :D

Oh, yes I know about Zev. I DO think it was FUNNY, but in a rude kind of way. (Do you know what I mean? My son is 18 so we're trying to balance what's funny and what's, you know, funny right now :lol:) Zev was funny.

I would be so surprised if the Globetrotters won. Honestly, I can't even believe they have gotten as far as they have. They are so . . . not smart, LOL. Maybe that's just their *strategy* for the race. ;)

I like everyone else left too and my VERY FAVORITES have already been eliminated, so I'll just be watching for pleasure on Sunday. Can't wait!

James Bond and I would love to go on TAR (I just want to meet Phil), but we'd probably kill each other before it was over. ;)

Also, we think they wouldn't pick us because, while we've got smashing personalities, we've traveled too much outside the US and know how not NOT act like idiots in a foreign country. :D

:lol: My husband and I would probably be OK together, but, my dad and I would KILL each other! It would be Ron and Christina amped up about 1000% :D. I love the father/daughter relationship between Gary and Mallory!

Oh, yes I know about Zev. I DO think it was FUNNY, but in a rude kind of way. (Do you know what I mean? My son is 18 so we're trying to balance what's funny and what's, you know, funny right now :lol:) Zev was funny.

I would be so surprised if the Globetrotters won. Honestly, I can't even believe they have gotten as far as they have. They are so . . . not smart, LOL. Maybe that's just their *strategy* for the race. ;)

I like everyone else left too and my VERY FAVORITES have already been eliminated, so I'll just be watching for pleasure on Sunday. Can't wait!

Oh, I *totally* know what you mean!

:lol: Globetrotters!

Oh my goodness, Mallory drives us all nuts at my house. I can't tell if she's really an idiot or just acts like one. We'd choose Kent's whining over Mallory's phoniness any day. At least he's fascinating to look at!:lol: Vyxsin didn't both me. I liked her and thought she really needed to dump Kent.

Yes, the Globetrotters. I can't get past how they failed at the challenge on their first show, resulting in elimination. They are nice guys though, and ds's favorite team.

Kisha and Jen are not nice. I was hoping for another swimming challenge to knock them out.

Zev and Justin. Determined, nice, I like the friendship between them. I knew Zev is an Aspie; he reminds me of engineers I used to work with, genuine, a little quirky. (That's what they called most Aspies back in the 80s!)

I did not know that Zev had Aspergers, but I commented to my DH that I wondered about it. So I'll have to let him know. I think he also has a very dry sense of humor that is deliciously funny. We were cracking up at the Matterhorn comment as well as the captain obvious one. :001_smile:

The pinks were so incredibly annoying, I'm so glad they are gone. DH was so irritated that he was such a wimp! Always whining and complaining. She would carry his bags for him, etc. :ack2:

ETA: I did feel bad for Vixyn (or however she spells it) when the Globetrotters accused her of taking their candy mold when she clearly didn't.

Edited by Princess Peach

OK, my favorite Zev comment last night was when they were arguing over someone stealing someone else's chocolate gnome..I think it was one of the goths and one of the globetrotters, and Zev was over in the corner doing his thing, and he looked up in the middle of all the accusing & nastiness and said "I think there's too many cooks in the kitchen" in his little sly voice. OMgoodness it was funny!! Can't say I was sorry to see the pinkies go. Just sayin.

We always say, "Thanks, Mr. Wizard."

Hate the pinks, they seem like characatures (sp?) of real people. And didn't he spell his name "Kynt" last time around. ((shudder)). She looks like she could be quite a lovely girl if she tried.

I don't mind their style (I actually quite like it - strange is my favorite flavor person ;)) but this time around they were so whiney and argumentative and difficult, they just weren't FUN anymore.

I hate when teams come on and forget to have fun. I know it's a race for a million dollars, but it's also a once-in-a-lifetime EXPERIENCE.

I miss the cowboys too. I think they should have been brought back, because with the exception of the first 2 teams, nobody else actually measured the country, they just got the answer from one of the first 2 teams to complete the task, where the cowboys actually went back and DID the task. I hate that!

Silly as it sounds, I'm still upset about this, too. It's one thing for teams to cooperate, quite another to just get the answer without accurately completing the task. I kept thinking, during that leg of the race, that the teams who (imo) cheated would get a penalty at the check in, but no. I don't get it! And it completely decreased my interest in the whole thing. I didn't even mind that we missed this past Sunday's episode, despite the fact that it all took place in Switzerland. Bah humbug!

I don't mind their style (I actually quite like it - strange is my favorite flavor person ;)) but this time around they were so whiney and argumentative and difficult, they just weren't FUN anymore.

I hate when teams come on and forget to have fun. I know it's a race for a million dollars, but it's also a once-in-a-lifetime EXPERIENCE.

Agreed. That's one reason I like Mallory so much. I can certainly understand why she gets on some people's nerves (and I'm not sure I'd want to be in an enclosed area with her for any length of time), but she seems so genuinely thrilled with her experiences.

And her quietly competent dad is my Shallow Reason for liking this season. :)