Menu

Really Cool use for iPad!

4ofus

I haven't posted here before, but I've lurked~I just discovered something cool that I thought I'd share.

We downloaded PDF Expert for the iPad (9.99) & are now able to transfer our PDF files to the iPad for annotating. For example: Math Mammoth worksheets/tests/whatever, can be transferred to the iPad thru iTunes (really easy & fast!); & the kids can use a stylus or their finger to do the problems on the touchscreen & when they are done they can email it to me! NO PAPER!

I'm sure I'm not the first person to discover this small thing, but it's cool to us!

Ciao!

Very cool!

Now if Singapore math HIG and all of the kids books would come in PDF. I would also like the AAS manuals to come in PDF too.

My iPad holds all of my sources that do come in PDF form and I love it! WWE, OPG, FLL, SOTW, and ES are all in one great easy to carry package that can check my email too!:D

I haven't posted here before, but I've lurked~I just discovered something cool that I thought I'd share.

We downloaded PDF Expert for the iPad (9.99) & are now able to transfer our PDF files to the iPad for annotating. For example: Math Mammoth worksheets/tests/whatever, can be transferred to the iPad thru iTunes (really easy & fast!); & the kids can use a stylus or their finger to do the problems on the touchscreen & when they are done they can email it to me! NO PAPER!

I'm sure I'm not the first person to discover this small thing, but it's cool to us!

Ciao!

If you need to erase your work, does it erase only what you added or does it erase everything including the original document? I have an app that allows you to write on it, but when you erase, everything is erased which makes it not very useful.

If you need to erase your work, does it erase only what you added or does it erase everything including the original document? I have an app that allows you to write on it, but when you erase, everything is erased which makes it not very useful.

:bigear:

I have upad and notetaker and they allow me to bring in PDFs and scribble away on them. Has anyone found an app that let's you add in your own notes ( copybpaste from something else) Those two allow me to on a text box but it is not great. I would like to add pages of notes to the PDF. Finding more and more uses for this toy.

How are you using SOTW on it?

We just played with it a little last night & here's what I found...we could erase our last several strokes, but at some point, the eraser icon would gray out. I don't know if there is a stroke counter or something....anyway, we solved it by using a different color "ink" & striking through the work we didn't want. It does not erase the original document.

I haven't read all of the user guide yet, but I know there are highlight functions, strikethrough functions, & underline functions as well as free note taking.

We have a "family" iPad, & my husband has a work-issued iPad. His entire team has them & one person in particular has emerged as "the iPad guy" :). He's the one who has taken the initiative in finding the best ways of putting the iPad to work for them. He tried several PDF reader/annotate programs before settling on PDF Expert for the entire team to use. So, I can't compare it to anything else, I'm just leeching off his legwork here & going with it. Plus I think the price is great!

I really don't think I would use it for every worksheet, every day, b/c I actually think it might slow things down (speculation); however, I do think it could be useful...

Edited by us4jones
Left out information

More great reasons to get an iPad, but have to admit I'm loving my Kindle I received for the big 4-0. Different machine for different purposes. Aha! How about giving the kids the Kindle and then selling everything 'not necessary' and getting an iPad for the next birthday?? :lol: Kidding...maybe.

How have you been using the kindle? I am looking to get one obviously for the books, but I am also wanting to play different books I have aquired on audio. I have been trying to read about it and I saw it will play audio books from audible.com but isn't clear if it will play others. Have you tried anything like that?

More great reasons to get an iPad, but have to admit I'm loving my Kindle I received for the big 4-0. Different machine for different purposes. Aha! How about giving the kids the Kindle and then selling everything 'not necessary' and getting an iPad for the next birthday?? :lol: Kidding...maybe.

Love, love, love this idea! So thankful for the $10 gift card for iTunes (and app store) in my box of batteries so I can justify this in the budget. Wondering what other things besides MM are ideal for this. We aren't using MM (although I still have it on the computer). Any others come to mind?