Menu

The S/O Thread did not go how I intended. I'm sorry. Please forgive me for any hurt.

Guest Dulcimeramy

Guest Dulcimeramy
Must......restrain......self :D

Bill

I have no idea what the back story is here, but if it involves Russell Crowe I'll admit to being curious!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go! Liquor it up, people!! :lol:

Virgin Mango Colada

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 C chopped mango (about 1 medium mango)

1/3 C cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)

1/2 C pineapple chunks, including some of the juice or syrup

juice from one lime

1-2 tsp. rum extract (optional)

crushed ice

Combine chopped mango, pineapple chunks and juice, lime juice, and cream of coconut in blender. While blender is running, add crushed ice until desired consistency is reached.

Pour drink into glasses (2 generous servings, 3-4 smaller servings).

Have a good cure for ants? We have them and the traps are just NOT working.

I could NEVER eat octopus. I have trouble with certain textures and that seems like it would have a BAD texture. >shiver<

I almost hit a wild turkey today. It ran towards the road and then took off FLYING across in front of me. That would have made a nasty mess on the windshield.

TERRO!! That stuff rocks. It has cured us of ants in two different houses. If you get it and it doesn't work, order it from the company. It does have a shelf life and stores will put out old product. Just an FYI.

I TOTALLY hit a wild turkey once! Feathers EVERYWHERE on the road behind me. I can't believe someone else almost did it too! I didn't even slow down thinking it couldn't do much. It smashed in my hood. :001_huh: The repair guy said we were really lucky because if it had hit just a little higher up it would have come through the windshield. SCARY!

This has made my day. Can I get this on the drive thru menu?

While kids were at drama today I got absolutely nothing done and now it dinner and just not feeling that love--Whataburger here we come.

Ate octopus once in Hawaii, nasty stuff.

You had to mention Whatburger didn't you. I haven't had that since I left Texas in 1994 and I have periodic cravings. When I was pregnant, I tried to get dh to drive to the closest one (in Alabama, we are in Ohio) but he wouldn't do it. Big meanie!

Now the Wendy's burger I had for dinner just pales in comparison.

Ah, Paula, ya just had to go and start up again with the kilts, dincha. Hmmm???? :D

I now have a fantastic recipe for Coconut Chews.

They are SOOOOO good!!!!

I've never had octopus.

But I am soaking some kamut grains right now. Picked up a huge bagful a few weeks ago at the local bulk store, for HALF price!! Super psyched about that!

I don't even know what this is all about but yet again someone's poor wording has provided me with yummy recipes and pictures of sexy men. I for one say...keep up the good work!:lol:

:iagree:

amy, you're so sweet, I can't imagine what happened, but I know your heart was in the right place even if my foot was in your mouth.

Guest Dulcimeramy

Oh, I threw a wobbly earlier, Ibbygirl and justamouse. It was ugly. I'm being forgiven at this point, with chewy goodies and men in kilts!

I went looking for a better kilt pic of James McAvoy and never found one without a goofy background. Does anyone have the perfect James McAvoy kilt pic?

It is for a homeschool unit study on Scottish actors. Really.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

The farm where I bought two of my llamas also raised pigs. They slaughtered a potbelly that someone had given them. It was all fat and they had to throw it away. Poor little piggie.

I killed a few ants today. In the house. In April and in New England. It can't be good.

Have you ever eaten octopus?

April in New England. Ha! I still have SNOW!

Edited by Parrothead

Oh, I threw a wobbly earlier, Ibbygirl and justamouse. It was ugly. I'm being forgiven at this point, with chewy goodies and men in kilts!

I went looking for a better kilt pic of James McAvoy and never found one without a goofy background. Does anyone have the perfect James McAvoy kilt pic?

It is for a homeschool unit study on Scottish actors. Really.

you threw a wobbly?? How far did you throw it? Was it heavy??

Will this one work??

tumblr_l4jyyoNtpq1qa1zi5o1_400.jpg

Anyone ever shop at Marden's surplus store in Maine? I got a fantastic deal on Wilton cookie cutters there last summer. A container with 50 animal shapes, for $3.99!!! They're about $15 here in Canada for the same container.

Yup. I didn't get the ones last summer but I got some great ones for Christmas.

Edited by Parrothead

You know the coconut chews recipe? I made some last week, and realized partway through that I didn't have any oat flakes, coconut, or anything else flaky. I dug through my cupboards and fridge. I finally threw in some cornmeal, and experimented with leftover cold cooked rye kernels. :lol::lol::lol: Hey, I like experimenting! It was half decent! Though the rye kernels got hard again from the baking, so we chewed, but hit little pebbles:lol: with every bite.

I have these bulbs, I think they're a type of hyacinth and I can't find the name. But they smell yummy.

The dogs need a bath and I have to clip their toenails which freaks me out.

My mother's surprise birthday party is a few weeks and I've yet to send out invitations.

I have no idea what the back story is here, but if it involves Russell Crowe I'll admit to being curious!

Curiosity killed the cat :scared:

You don't want to go there, it ain't pretty. :ack2:

Dh still volunteering his headshot :lol: And he liked the Sean Connery look. I see a kilt in his future.

Must...not...let...hubby....look...at...forum threads :D

Gladiators are Yummy!! I've been watching Spartacus on Netflix after my littles go to bed. It does something for my mood to see half naked men with swords!;)

Oh to be able to hang out with some of you people. I need to laugh more. Why is Russell so pretty? I love him. My DD thinks I am nuts and cannot even wrap her mind around it.