Menu

Holy Kerfuffle and Kilts!!

Man have I missed a LOT! Haven't had internet in a little over a week during our move and whatnot and so much has happened.

I'm going to have to sit down with a glass of Jack and get to reading!:D

Edited by sleepymommy
Changing title as I continue to read!

I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with all the details, but I've gotten the gist of what's going on in my spare moments. From what I've seen, you could keep yourself occupied for a very long time trying to catch up. Enjoy! :D

I wonder what it would take to have kilts become every day wear for men...

Probably the knowledge of how so many women would respond.... From the other thread, "What happens when they climb a ladder?" Response, "Applause." If they knew THAT then I think more of them would be dressing like private school girls :lol:

This thread started off kind of :001_huh:,but it's been great reading it so far! I'm going to have to continue with it tonight!

It kept me up till..... oneish, and took me about thirty minutes (maybe an hour) to catch up today :lol:

If we could vote, it would be my favoritest thread ever :D

This is what it will take - picture a scene from "Batman".

Robin: "Holy Kerfuffles and kilts, Batman! The women of Gotham are rioting!!!! What'll we do?"

Batman: "There's only one thing that can be done. Shed our gymnastics like suits that resemble a Depends undergarment and don.....KILTS! Robin, you hold down the cave, I'm going to Catwoman's to scrub her floor!"

(NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa - Batman!"

Faith

This is what it will take - picture a scene from "Batman".

Robin: "Holy Kerfuffles and kilts, Batman! The women of Gotham are rioting!!!! What'll we do?"

Batman: "There's only one thing that can be done. Shed our gymnastics like suits that resemble a Depends undergarment and don.....KILTS! Robin, you hold down the cave, I'm going to Catwoman's to scrub her floor!"

(NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa - Batman!"

Faith

:lol: I'm pretty sure Peek would appreciate that.

Stealing all their pants, and leaving them no choice? :D

Sounds good to me! Actually, I'm the primary clothing shopper, I could just replace all of his his pants with kilts.

There are some men I don't want to see in a kilt. Men with chicken legs comes to mind.

Well, I still think that those Roman skirt-thingies are more attractive. They are shorter, they are not plaid, and they are often part of a costume that accentuates attractive, muscular arms.

Speaking of which, I told DH last night that he would look good in, and I quote, "One of those Roman skirt thingies. You have the right build for it!"

To which he responded, completely innocently, "You mean a kilt?"

He did not understand why I thought that was so funny...

And now, just to show you what I mean:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=8501

Well, I still think that those Roman skirt-thingies are more attractive. They are shorter, they are not plaid, and they are often part of a costume that accentuates attractive, muscular arms.

Speaking of which, I told DH last night that he would look good in, and I quote, "One of those Roman skirt thingies. You have the right build for it!"

To which he responded, completely innocently, "You mean a kilt?"

He did not understand why I thought that was so funny...

And now, just to show you what I mean:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=8501

Now you're just being divisive, Carol.

No, I'm being CLASSICAL! Roman skirt thingies are CLASSICAL!!!

I can't find any reference online to Romans wearing a skirt thingy. It seems that it was always a tunica. Now mind you, the tunica can be worn very short, but it's not a skirt, it's a full garment.

I am afraid that what Marlon Brando is wearing is pure Hollywood fantasy. (I do like it though!)

I can't find any reference online to Romans wearing a skirt thingy. It seems that it was always a tunica. Now mind you, the tunica can be worn very short, but it's not a skirt, it's a full garment.

I am afraid that what Marlon Brando is wearing is pure Hollywood fantasy. (I do like it though!)

OK, it's a tunica, but a short one. Actually, that's what I was picturing when I googled, not the shirt-free poster that I stumbled on.

OK. A short tunica. Classical, right? Or at least neo-classical? Like WTM? Work with me here!