Menu

It is APRIL and it's hailing!

My cousin was on the highway when that hail started. His car was totaled out by the insurance company. Crazy.

I can't imagine being caught out in that. I just asked my 12yo what she would have done and she said SCREAM!!!! and cry.

So we had the 3.4 earthquake out by Mt. Rainier this a.m. that took out the power in parts of Tacoma, Ft. Lewis, and McChord. Then the all day friggin' rain. And then we had enough hail today that the ground was blanketed in white for a few minutes. Yup. Loving today.

I spent most of the day outside in our beautiful sunny 70 degree weather.

HOWEVER, Monday night we had golf ball size hail here that caused a lot of damage in the area. We had some damage to our home and two cars. Many in our neighborhood have roof damage and broken windows. And we're supposed to get more rain, hail and severe weather tomorrow. :glare:

ETA I have never experienced this size hail before. It literally sounded like a baseball pitching squad was in the yard firing fast balls at the house. Loud and scary.

Edited by AuntieM

So we had the 3.4 earthquake out by Mt. Rainier this a.m. that took out the power in parts of Tacoma, Ft. Lewis, and McChord. Then the all day friggin' rain. And then we had enough hail today that the ground was blanketed in white for a few minutes. Yup. Loving today.

Was that what took out the power? We couldn't figure it out, thanks!

We also had a bit of snow mixed in with the rain today - it was seriously a weird day in more ways than one.

I love storms, makes it feel like home.

The pollen here in NC though? Hate it.

I don't mind storms most of the time, but at this time of year they are frequently accompanied by tornadoes, especially if there is hail involved. I hate tornadoes.

Wel, we just had our first rain in over 2 months, and the temperature has just dropped under 30C degrees (86F) max for the first time in many months. I think autumn has finally arrived.

A year ago, we had a record breaking hail storm with hail stones between golf and tennis ball size. Tens of thousands of cars were damaged. Fortunately we were at home and our cars all tucked up in bed.

The weather is weird, no doubt about it.