Menu

facebook, grrrrrr!

How would you respond to pictures of SIL fawning all over the man (friend of BIL) with whom she's having an affair?

Still married?

Got divorced?

Classy!

awww, such a loyal couple.

The divorce isn't final. The divorce is because she is leaving BIL to continue her affair with this man.

OK I won't write or say anything on her wall because that's just not me. But I'm so sad for BIL. He's fighting for full custody of the kids because she's walked way from them all. The youngest is 3.

I wouldn't unfriend her, but put her in a class that has no access to your info (limited profile) but allows you to see her info. That way you can keep tabs on her and what she's doing. It could help BIL with his court case.

I'm mean that way.

I wouldn't unfriend her, but put her in a class that has no access to your info (limited profile) but allows you to see her info. That way you can keep tabs on her and what she's doing. It could help BIL with his court case.

I'm mean that way.

If you're mean, then so am I, 'cause this is exactly what I was gonna say.

I guess being the daughter of divorced parents, as well as a stepmother, has colored the way I view things a bit. But this is exactly what I would do.

I'm mean that way.

This. I did it for my cousin until the psycho crazy lady figured out that being my friend might bite her in the butt.

I'm mean that way.

:iagree: I have about 75-80% of the people on my friends list in a sub-list with very little access to my information. I can still watch their antics, though.

I wouldn't say or do anything… nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes in a family/relationship.

Benefit of the doubt, I get that. There are two sides to each story.

In this case though I think I've been told both sides. SIL and I have spoken many times in the past and when she had the affair she felt compelled to tell me all the reasons why.

Bottom line it's finances. She's tired of having to scrape by and do with out and it's no fun for her. BIL's friend has more money and he likes to spend it on her.

Her parents were divorced too. In fact her dad went on to marry and divorce 5 more times.

I've been in this situation twice in the past 3 months :glare: The first was my very good friends husband. He cheated with her, got caught, separated, had 4 different relationships in two months, got "serious" with one of her friends, and started posting all over facebook how wonderfully happy he is. :glare: I un-friended him, after I sent a (unfriendly) message to his mistress (in my mind, if you're still married, it's still adultery, even if you're separated.) My poor friend had enough of his jerkishness, and quit facebook altogether.

Then the other day, my bil (married/sperated to my dh's sister) accepted my friend request and I was shocked to see he was in a relationship, which he's never mentioned (we see him at least once every week.) His wife, my dh's sister cheated on him, and has been inappropriate with men since the beginning of their marriage, and even she doesn't have a relationship on there. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle this one. :001_unsure:

I'm mean that way.

:iagree: Add me to the mean and nasty list! :D

I'm mean that way.

I'd also hide her posts. I would't want the dc to accidently see anything she posts.:glare:

I am sorry, that isn't okay. I would probably not unfriend her. I have not unfriended by bff's hubby who is having an affair with a woman in Thailand. Facebook keeps trying to get me to friend this Thai woman. I am keeping an eye on him, it is sad, but he is making his own choices. I haven't unfriended him so that I am in the loop on what is he doing to be supportive of my friend.

That's just mean. Is SIL related to you (dh's sister) or BIL? What does DH think?

Poor you. Poor kids. Sad, sad, sad. I know of four long-time couples breaking up over facebook shenanigans (long lost "loves" found, etc). I assume this wasn't the case here but still...

:iagree: I have about 75-80% of the people on my friends list in a sub-list with very little access to my information. I can still watch their antics, though.

how do you do this?

I had this set up to be automatic and then FB changed now you have to select that specificially each time to lock them out.

Is there a way to automatically do this?

How would you respond to pictures of SIL fawning all over the man (friend of BIL) with whom she's having an affair?

Still married?

Got divorced?

Classy!

awww, such a loyal couple.

The divorce isn't final. The divorce is because she is leaving BIL to continue her affair with this man.

OK I won't write or say anything on her wall because that's just not me. But I'm so sad for BIL. He's fighting for full custody of the kids because she's walked way from them all. The youngest is 3.

I would ignore it and not say anything. Some people need no help at all in making them look like fools.