Menu

craziest misspellings?

I don't know about other people's misspellings, but I'm always amazed that what I type is often not what I intend. I wonder if it says something about my brain.

wait I did think of a few... people who think ludicrous is spelled ludcris (or how ever the Rapper spells his name).

Someone I knew thought that "through" and "thru" were two separate words with separate definitions.

Some people probably think of me when it comes to crazy misspellings. It's my phone's autocorrect, I promise! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

One of my favorite sites for mistakes is This One. (ETA it's certainly not a site for children, or some adults!)

Edited by Stacie

Some people probably think of me when it comes to crazy misspellings. It's my phone's autocorrect, I promise! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

One of my favorite sites for mistakes is This One.

I love that site! Once my dh texted me a question. I was texting back, "correct," but I had one too many Es; it changed the word to "fleecy!" What the heck? That's not even close!

One of my favorite sites for mistakes is This One. (ETA it's certainly not a site for children, or some adults!)

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.****youautocorrect.com.

LOL. The WTM server even stars out hidden links. :D

I love that site! Once my dh texted me a question. I was texting back, "correct," but I had one too many Es; it changed the word to "fleecy!" What the heck? That's not even close!

I know!! Some of the words my phone suggests are so far out there and not even close to the letters I typed. Never, ever try typing something unusual and crossing out the suggestions. It will forever give you that word as a suggestion for just about everything. I was texting a message to a friend about our Word With Friends game and typed I had too many U's. Now every word I text that starts with a u gets replaced with "U's." Argh!!!

I have a FB friend who spells those thoughse. He has done it on more than one occasion. :001_huh:

I texted someone last week- I needed his address and the autocorrect typed assess...he thought it was the funniest thing ever- since he read a@$es! You have to watch that autocorrect!

Edited by MotherMayI