Menu

So, what are you giving your Mother for Mother's Day? I need some ideas for

both my mother and dh's mother, who neither one need anything. MIL just bought a new WHITE car. It's going to drive her nuts when it gets dirty. Is a gift card to the car wash tacky for a MIL?

I got my mom and mom-in-law both Lands End e-gift cards. They can shop this week and enjoy it without even leaving the house. :D

I love the idea of a gift certificate to the car wash, I think she would greatly appreciate that.

Sent a box to S. California with Almond Roca, a book of crossword puzzles, and a new mousepad for her 'puter - a tiger (she is into tigers - once year I sent a soft throw blankie that had a tiger on it, another year a large stuff tiger.)

For my mom, I'm sending a framed pic of the dc. For mil, I've got either some massage-slippers OR if I can talk dh into it...she's got a disposal that needs to be installed. She's been waiting for fil to do that for about 2-3 yrs.

If dh will install it, we'll save slippers for mil's bday next mo.

Car wash--*I* wouldn't go there! LOL

My mom likes pigs, so I picked up a cute little stuffed one and, as a joke that she totally loved, a pink punch ball balloon with a rubber pig on it! We met a little over a week ago and I gave her the gifts because it was the only time I'd see her and it was fun to see her in person (she lives several states away).

For my stepmom, I got a nice card with a photo of all the children. She loves to get photos and we usually stick to card exchanges.

For my ex-mother-in-law (of 17 years!), she is a true friend and wonderful grandma and I will do up some on-line photo pages to send to her email and she will be thrilled - she's never big on gifts, but I get her a gift on her birthday.

For my new mother-in-law, well, she was a holiday champion this last year and blessed us silly... I have photos and am making a small Happy Mother's Day album that highlights all the holiday fun and get togethers for birthdays so far this year (lots) and they show her always being there!

For the car wash idea - if I was able to, I'd get the gift card/cert. but then make a "car" gift bag/box/basket/bucket - with car air fresheners, a mini-emergency light, armor-all wipes for the interior dust, I'd look for car goodies and make it fun...

both my mother and dh's mother, who neither one need anything. MIL just bought a new WHITE car. It's going to drive her nuts when it gets dirty. Is a gift card to the car wash tacky for a MIL?

Neither my mother nor I are the type to give gifts "just because". Her primary hobby is her lovely garden, and on her birthday in March, I did give her a generous gift certificate to a nursery. She really doesn't even have space now for more plants, and she's not crazy about your standard fresh floral arrangements. So a card and phone call work fine for both us.

I don't necessarily think a car wash gift card is tacky, but I wouldn't buy that right now. To me, I'd "hear" that as, "What a mistake you made buying a WHITE car. You're gonna need this!"

Do you have to get her something material?

A few years ago I made her a very simple pattern made from fabric with a chicken print on it. She collects chickens in her kitchen and she loved it. It's big and basic. She's requested a new one. I found the pattern on line. I'm going to find some material today.

I'm very excited about my mom's gift this year! My sis and I put together a frame with 3 5x8 black and whites... my mom and grandma at my mom's wedding, me and mom at mine, and my sis and mom at hers. It turned out beautiful, and I can't wait to see my mom's face when she opens it! :)

I'm knitting a cotton dish-cloth! It is home-made. It is one of the only things that this fledgling knitter can make:D It is inexpensive and I think my mom will still appreciate it. We will also make a home-made card, I've already printed out a page of WTM jokes (that the kids want to send to Grand-ma!). Most of all, I'm sending my love. :001_wub:

I don't think so! I would love that. Funny my dad loved those too!

I got my Mom a book called The Birds in My Life because she loves birds, art, and books, hates clutter, is on a diet, and her physical activities are limited due to arthritis and old age. Getting her only one book that she will really enjoy is something her anti-clutter mindset can handle.

I got my MIL Twenty Wishes,Front Porch Tales,and The Birds in My Life because she is in her 90s, likes to read, and can't do all that much any more, and I ran out of ideas -- she's already got plenty of sheets, towels, flowers, clothing, candy, food, cards, stamps, and the like. Plus, she can pass the books along to other old ladies at her assisted living apartment complex.

I'm adding her to my Amazon Prime membership, and my sister will help her set up a wishlist on Amazon. My mother doesn't need anything, and the things she wants are very specific, so this will help us all.

Oh, and I'll send her a homemade card.