Menu

What are you kids' favorite cookies? :)

Well, besides traditional chocolate chip cookies, I have to say that the girls love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate being the key ingredient here!:001_smile: I don't have a particular recipe since I use a box mix from the store.

Wow, Kerrie, we posted the same kind!

Yeah, I don't know anyone who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie. I've had way more sub-par chocoloate chip cookies than great ones in my life. The best recipe out there is Nestle Tollhouse--the one on the back of the bag. Make sure to adjust flour for elevation (if necessary). Sometimes, for a cookie that isn't so flat, I've seen people use half shortening/half butter (rather than a full cup of butter). The texture is nice, but the flavor takes a hit in my opinion. If you don't want them to spread, chill the dough for at least an hour before baking. Mmmmm...I really with our landlord would fix our darn oven!

Yeah, I don't know anyone who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie. I've had way more sub-par chocoloate chip cookies than great ones in my life.

For me, I don't like over-baked cookies - that tends to ruin them for me. I like mine soft and chewy. I also really am partial to oatmeal chocolate chip - for some reason, I'm not a fan of plain chocolate chip cookies.

I tend to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as our standard chocolate chip cookie. Last spring I made some tollhouse cookies for the first time in years. My kids LOVED them. Snickerdoodles are also a favorite. I would not do anything too exotic if they're for other people's kids. My dc do not like nuts, coconut, raisins, craisins, or anything like that in their cookies.

Our Favs:

Ginger Snaps

Chocolate Chips with Toasted Coconut

Oatmeal Choco Chips

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies-yummmmy!

Peanut Butter Cookies--we have a peanut allergy here, so we altered our recipe using sun-nut butter. These taste the same, but eat them all right after you make them unless you are celebrating Dr. Seuss. Sunflower seeds and baking soda (or was it baking powder?) has a chemical reaction that changes the color to green. It is harmless and doesnt change the flavor, but many people think you are serving them a molding cookie;)

Nestle Toll-House Recipie on the Bag--Remix version (less butter and salt)

My mom used the original recipie as a basis for a jumping off point to make hands-down the best choc. chip cookie you will put in your mouth (if you like soft/chewy cookies):

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened

3/4 cup suga

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 package (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix flour, soda, and salt in small bowl. Mix butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs to sugar mixture and mix together. Gradually add flour mixture into sugar mixture and combine. Add chocolate chips and stir until well combined. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes (this is what makes them super chewy: higher heat/less time). Allow to cool.

You can also make this into a chocolate chip pizza by patting out the dough in a pizza pan and baking on 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

Cakemix cookies have become a hit around our house. They are super easy to make and you can use your creativity with add-ins -- coconut, choc chips, cranberries, m&ms, white choc chips, etc. Here's the basic recipe:

1 box cake mix (any flavor)

1/2 c. oil

2 eggs

Mix and drop by large tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and put into sealed container. We like bigger cookies, so we use a large tablespoon size.

You can use any flavor cake mix as your base. We've used lemon, devil food, white and then played around with add-ins, usually just adding what we have in the pantry.

Enjoy!

Lisa

these are always really popular with my kids and their friends:

Volcanoes

waffle pretzels

rolos, unwrapped

m&ms

put the pretzels on a baking sheet, top each one with a rolo. Bake at 200 for 8 minutes or so, just until the rolo gets melty. Immediately top each rolo with an m&m. Let them cool (takes hours at room temp so I usually put them in the fridge).

my two boys are typical and love choc. chip cookies. My dd is a bit odd and only likes choc if it's in cake or brownie form. She will not eat choc. candy or bars. So I make the standard choc. chip cookie recipe but leave out the chips. She calls them brown sugar cookies and they don't last long when I do bake them.