Menu

'Brighten Stephanie's (bikebookbread) Day' -- Easy, peesy way to help -- pls come in:

IF you read this, please give it a bump so it stays prominent. Thanks

UPDATE: I saw Stephanie and her beautiful family on Friday (yesterday) when I delivered some meal items -- they all actually look pretty fabulous (except for the little one who had just bumped her eye and had a welt there) but Stephanie looks wonderful! Their family is so appreciative and so touched but what the wonderful people here on this baord are doing, I wanted you all to know that. If you have contacted me via email about sending a card or something and have not heard back from me -- PLEASE email me again -- and if you haven't contacted me yet, and this is all new to you, please go ahead and shoot me off an email -- I will keep this thread prominent for this weekend. Thank you again to everyone - and I just want to add this: you know, when I first came on here years ago, and my dh would ask me what I was doing at night, I would say I was on my homeschool board, and that truly didn't mean much to him. But over the years, we have met families IRL (danybug and her wonderful family when we were in OBX), the kids and I have had a clay painting date with Tess in the 'burbs, we met Stephanie's family at a homeschool production of Cinderella, I worked through the logistics of a 24 hour prayer chain for Imp, and if I am forgetting anyone, please forgive me. That being said, my dh has seen (and driven around with me) that THIS group is not an anonymous group with no faces who only exist in cyber-land..........we are real families, with real crises in our lives and it is possible to reach out and help even though we are separated by miles. All that to say that, imo, THIS is a unique place.

IF you are thousands of miles from the Commonwealth of Virginia, BUT you would like to send a Get Well message or a Hang in There message (Steph has two little girls who would probably LOVE opening the mail), please email me for MY mailing address and I will mail things on to Stephanie's family. I am thinking that kid-made art would be especially charming! OR this fabulous suggestion from SWM of this board: maybe postcards from all over the place to show where the support is coming from would be neat for the girls...

My email is majr0328@aol.com Please put 'Stephanie' in the subject line and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks -- I'm off to check my email now :leaving: b/c I know that this will be as wonderful and supportive as Scarlett's Quilt if not even more wonderful and supportive!

ETA: THIS was my 7000th post!

Edited by MariannNOVA

bump, and I'll email you. Is it something specific going on that I missed? Or can I just put 'thinking of you' on the post card?

Stephanie's dh is home from the hospital and recovering from a nasty staph infection in his leg bone - a complication of recent ankle surgery. Stephanie has 'now' been trained in wound care and cleaning of the PICC Line.

'Thinking of you' is perfect -- I will look for your email! Thanks so much for being so kind and participating.:)

Sending you email.

You're a stunning woman, you know that, right? :grouphug:

Oh, my.......that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. :crying:

Dh said I had a gift for 'organizing' things -- I like what you said better.:grouphug: Thank you from the bottom of my heart (which clearly is not nearly as shallow as some might think ;)).

Oh, my.......that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. :crying:

Dh said I had a gift for 'organizing' things -- I like what you said better.:grouphug: Thank you from the bottom of my heart (which clearly is not nearly as shallow as some might think ;)).

:001_wub: I'm still so in awe of how ppl supported me, prayed for me, worried for me. Its an experience I've never had before, and grateful doesn't begin to touch how I feel about it.