Menu

Baby Middle name suggestions please!

My DD is about 8 weeks away from delivering a little boy. She was going to give the baby the family name, Wayne, after her fiance. Well, she is now having second thoughts and says she needs to find a name that she really loves so she can switch it and present the idea to her fiance.

So far she has Landen for the first name. What sounds perfect with Landen?

I don't have any suggestions, but I do think it is nice to use a name that has some sort of meaning instead of a name that just sounds great. Not that is necessarily has to be Wayne, but maybe another family name?

It means a lot to family members when a family name is used (and its probably important to your DD's fiance). Maybe have her search both families for names. Family surnames make great middle names. Or at least they did in our family. ;)

Edited by blakereese

Ok I am seriously :lol: !!!! Wayne is the current middle name to be that she is rethinking!!:lol::lol:

I'm sorry. I must be losing it. I thought that the first name was supposed to be Wayne and she was going to change it to Landen and wanted a middle name to go with that! :lol: Okay---well if that's the case, I'm all for one syllable middle names if you've got a first name with more than one syllable. How about James or Joel?

Landen James sounds very nice. I also like Landen Thomas. I agree with a PP who said to look at names on both sides of the family tree ... dh and I ended up using our (deceased) grandparents' names for our kids middle names. The boys each have one of our grandfathers' names as their middle name and dd has my grandma's name as her (second) middle name (she has two ;) ).

I think you couldn't pay me enough money to get between a couple on naming their first baby. Especially when it comes to men passing on their family names.

Nope. Be the Switzerland of grandmothers.

Oy! Maybe Switzer?!

I'm not getting in between anything. She is sitting right next to me actually and originally asked me to post this on these forums. :001_smile: