What does your dog sleep on?  

1. 1. What does your dog sleep on?

• Dog bed
    • Our bed
    • Furniture
    • Floor
    • Blanket
    • Other- because I am sure I have forgotten a category

I voted for my mom since we don't have dogs. They used to just sleep on the floor or a throw rug, but now that they are older (11 and 12), she got them dog beds with sheets over them (because it is easier to wash the sheets than to do the bed covers every week) and the kids got them fleece covers for Christmas.

I voted for 'our bed'. :glare:

When I come to bed, he is usually in my spot. He moves to the foot of the bed and lays where my feet should go. When I'm ready to go to sleep, I start pushing/kicking until he decides to get off the bed. He has a nice big dog bed right next to me but he usually just lays on the floor.

Then, sometime during the night he gets back in bed :glare: last night it was right by my head.

BTW - he's a Golden Retriever.

The Chihuahua sleeps in bed with the kids, he's a great sleeper.

Ok, so after I started this thread I realized I had some foam padding from a 2" foam mattress topper that I had leftover from cutting a larger one. I got an older beach towel and sewed up the sides and cut the foam to fit in there and VOILA, I have a dog bed for my one dog that likes something softer.

similar here.

We have three dogs now:

our SPCA black lab mix: she sleeps on the floor and on the couch, but she's our patroller, so ends up in various places on the floor depending on what she feels needs guarding most at that particular time. ;)

16yo ds' GSD- sleeps on his bed with him. during the day she'll sleep on the floor in his room, floors elsewhere, or sometimes the couch.

My husky-- the darn dog isn't keen on housetraining, so she spends a lot of time tethered to one of us or in her crate. She's a couch potato, so that's usually where she is. Once we decided that she'd be crated a bit more than the others [when we leave/ at night/when we're too busy to watch her] Mr. Boo built her a nice crate that's a bit roomier than most huskies would need. We used a 1" foam pad doubled up that someone was tossing out for the cushion and just wrap a sheet around it [her fur doesn't stick to the sheet like it does blankets/ towels...]. She's got the best spot in the house, lol.

No dogs on OUR bed- Mr. Boo would flip. ;) Took him long enough to get over letting them inside, then on the couch....

post-115-13535084587844_thumb.jpg

post-115-13535084587844_thumb.jpg

Guest LIS mom

He has a dog bed. $20 from Costco. Sometimes if he wants to stretch out, I'll find him on the floor because the dog bed is more for curling up and getting cozy.

He sleeps on...the $30 couch I scored off Craiglist (hey - if you have four cats and a dog ALL your comfy stuff comes from Craigslist :glare: ) AND the floor, AND my bed...the cats took his dog bed!!!!! This is a 85 lb Labrador, btw!!!

all the floors here are (beaten up) hardwood...so not that comfy. I do not want carpets - too hard to clean up fur and hairballs!

He has slept on beds in the past. When our last dog had to be put down, it's like he didn't want to sleep on a dog bed anymore. I've told the kids that he can sleep in their beds if they want, but he is not sleeping on my bed. More because of dh than me. I don't care about the cats on the bed, I could probably get used to the dog as well.

I voted other because you only gave one choice. My dog sleeps in ALL of those places. Right now she is asleep in her favorite downstairs chair. She also has a blanket on the floor and likes sleeping on our guest bed when we are downstairs. Upstairs, there is the couch, love seat, chair, our bed, the blanket in our floor or the bathroom (tile floor is cool in summer and she hides there during storms).

Really, she isn't picky as long as she can be close to us.

Our Great Dane always slept on blankets. We had one in each living area and one in our bedroom where she slept at night. She only got on the furniture if we weren't home to stop her :glare:.

We have mostly outside dogs. They have a large kennel in the garage with straw bedding and a doggie door. Sometimes I get the cedar chips so they end up smelling like gerbils...

When they do come in, they just sleep on the carpet or in their crate. They would rather sleep in an enclosed space than out in the open.