Menu

I'm sick, hiding in my room with Netflix. Want to stream a documentray, Suggestions?

Hope you feel better soon! :sad: Here are some I have watched...

The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story- Really interesting! About the two brothers who wrote most of the Disney songs.

Monster Quest (A show)-There are 3 seasons all on steaming too! It is all about the strange animals/creatures that are reported worldwide. This crytozoologist tries to find evidence. My youngest is addicted to this series.

Amargosa-This one is about a woman who dances ballet and paints and moved from New York to Death Valley, CA. She fixed up the theater and puts on plays.

Exit Through the Gift Shop-I am only halfway through but it is interesting too. About graffiti artists.

Radio Bikini-About the atomic bomb testing on Bikini Island. It was interesting. I only wished for more info about the continuing effects.

Not a documentary ( I wanted to recommend The Perilous Fight, but it wasn't available for instant viewing) BUT may I recommend one of my all time favorite movies...

North & South

(2004) NR

When her father uproots his family from their serene rural burg for an industrial mill town, parson's daughter Margaret Hale (Daniela Denby-Ashe) struggles to adapt to her harsh new surroundings in this BBC series based on Elizabeth Gaskell's novel. As her mother's health fails, Margaret throws herself into the fight for workers' rights and clashes with mill owner John Thornton (Richard Armitage). Sinead Cusack and Tim Pigott-Smith also star.

Genre: Romantic Dramas, Pre-20th Century Period Pieces, Dramas Based on Classic Literature

This show is: Dark, Romantic

Format: DVD and streaming

Frontline: Storm over Everest

Frontline: The Vaccine Wars (Pro Vacs)

Moment of Death

Food Matters

NOVA: What are Dreams?

The Business of Being Born (This is best.)

Stress: Potrait of a Killer

NOVA: Crash of Flight 447

World's Most Dangerous Drug

Frontline: The Medicated Child (if your child is already taking psychotropic meds then you might not want to watch this one.)

Killer at Large (Obesity)

I have been watching a lot of documentaries lately.

If you've watched a documentary on instant watch with Netflix and really liked it, felt it was well done and informative, then please make your recommendations. I want to start one in abut 15 minutes.

Thanks,

Faith

Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

It's about steroid use, but it's not strongly pro or con. It looks at the sociology of steroid use in sport.

It's by a guy whose two brothers are on the juice and have been for a long time.