Menu

Complete this sentence: "My Saturday is going to be..."

My Saturday is going to be...  

1. 1. My Saturday is going to be...

• Busy!
    • Boring. Zzzz....
    • Romantic. Vavavoom!
    • Sunny and warm. Spring has sprung!
    • Sunny and warm in my dreams. Where's spring?!
    • Perfect! I'm a positive thinker!
    • Bleh. Meh. Positive schmositive.
    • Educational!
    • Over by the time I finish reading these ding dang poll options!
    • Saturday? I'm 24 hours ahead of you, heading into Sunday.

Time for a random Friday poll, just for the fun of it!:)

Edit: Drat! I meant to allow for multiple choices. Screwed up and I can't change it now. So we're confined to one choice and my super-duper poll is less official. LOL

...sunny, messy, and full of work. We've got to go through some things, declutter, put away things we won't need for the next couple of months, and hopefully play outside some too- maybe wash the truck? It's filthy and definitely needs it.

...blissfully uneventful!

I've wrapped up tutoring my SAT student. Soccer season ended last week (yes, already!). And there is nothing scheduled at church or elsewhere that I might feel obligated to participate.

I do have some cleaning that needs doing and I'm thinking of painting my bedroom. But nothing on anyone else's schedule! Which makes me very, very happy. :D

Yours?

...sunny, messy, and full of work. We've got to go through some things, declutter, put away things we won't need for the next couple of months, and hopefully play outside some too- maybe wash the truck? It's filthy and definitely needs it.

I can identify with messy and full of work. Sunny, not so much!:tongue_smilie:

I am going to breakfast with some friends. I think breakfast out is such a luxury. Then I am getting a pedicure. After that we have some soccer games, depending on the weather Jenny in ATL mentioned in her post. We have dinner out with my DBIL and his wife at Rice Thai in Roswell. (Jenny, what should I order?)

Sunny, not so much!:tongue_smilie:

I feel for you! My sister lives in western Nebraska where they had blizzard conditions this morning. :eek: I think the Texas heat was sounding more appealing to her than it usually does.

I am going to breakfast with some friends. I think breakfast out is such a luxury. Then I am getting a pedicure. After that we have some soccer games, depending on the weather Jenny in ATL mentioned in her post. We have dinner out with my DBIL and his wife at Rice Thai in Roswell. (Jenny, what should I order?)

I love having breakfast out, too. Better yet, breakfast and dinner out.:) Enjoy!

for the first time in an entire school year! My poor oldest daughter has been slugging away at chemistry this year, and we've had to schedule it every Saturday---either a lab, or practice problems, or a test----out of necessity. Today (Friday) she completed her last chemistry test, and she's managed to bring herself through almost an entire year of chemistry without my help! And, she's managed to come out with an A-minus or B-plus average!

I'm proud of her---and relieved that we won't have any headaches over chemistry tomorrow!

Thanks for the great thread, Colleen! :)

My Saturday is going to be at least partially spent having quality time with my new....

Miele vacuum!!!!

It's indecent to be so excited about a cleaning tool, lol, but...I gotta take my excitement where I get it, these days.:)

(I thought of you when I bought it, since you've mentioned so many times over the years how much you like them.)

I feel for you! My sister lives in western Nebraska where they had blizzard conditions this morning. :eek: I think the Texas heat was sounding more appealing to her than it usually does.

Spring has just been so cool this year. Snow in April, lows still in the 30s at night and only around 50 most days. I'm ready to just feel warm!

My poor oldest daughter has been slugging away at chemistry this year, and we've had to schedule it every Saturday---either a lab, or practice problems, or a test----out of necessity. Today (Friday) she completed her last chemistry test!

I actually read your subject line and thought "free of chemistry" as in, "not romantic".:D Silly me. Yee haw to no more chem studies on Saturday!!!

My Saturday is going to be at least partially spent having quality time with my new....Miele vacuum!!!! It's indecent to be so excited about a cleaning tool, lol, but...I gotta take my excitement where I get it, these days.:)

Oh, believe me, I'm right there with you. I'm the woman who last year put a photo (titled "M&M") of my two Miele vacuums on my photo blog.:tongue_smilie: And I'm trying rilly, rilly hard to resist replacing one of those with a new model. It's aquamarine blue...a real looker.:D

Tomorrow we have a baseball game at 9am, Seahawks practice at their new facility at 2pm, and a dinner/auction/awards event to photograph at 5pm. Sunday will be quiet and relaxing, though.

Where do they practice now? Hope your whole weekend goes smoothly.:)

Sat morning: DD's diving lesson

Sat afternoon: DD gym + DS drama dress rehearsal

Sat evening: DS drama

Sat all day: me at a homeschool convention

Sunday moring: DD's gym competition + DS's violin group rehearsal

Sun afternoon: DS second drama presentation

Thought your first line said, "DD's dRiving lesson" and I wondered, "What the...?! I know she doesn't have a child on verge of being a licensed driver!";)

....like a...like a sports car.

It's living in my closet for now. I've told everyone that *I* alone am allowed to use it! ROFLOL! No one is going to carelessly suck up a Playmobil part and cause damage to this baby yet.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

Hooee...this is something. Talking about my passion for my new vacuum on a Friday night. Time for a glass of wine...then I'll wax poetic about my new silver slotted spoon. ;-)

fabulous because it will be my birthday.

I'm sure dh and the children have a special day planned. I'll awake to breakfast in bed, the house will be spotless, I'll get pampered all day long.

Yeah right. :)

I had such a sorry birthday this year. Shudder. Next year ~ my 40th will be great, no matter what. I hope you have a fantabulous day!:001_smile:

Busy.

Tomorrow we have a baseball game at 9am, .

I voted "busy." Tomorrow am my three boys wake up early to distribute the Little League book (advertisements) to locals. Then, there's the Little League Parade. Then, two of my boys have a game and one boy has travel team baseball practice!!! A day full of baseball - what could be better????

Today was very relaxing though - no school, no work, just relaxing. (But I did have a dentist appointment - does that count??? I needed an Advil after this one - OUCH!!!)

Today was very relaxing though - no school, no work, just relaxing. (But I did have a dentist appointment - does that count??? I needed an Advil after this one - OUCH!!!)

Sorry about that! I keep thinking I should go to the dentist. Or take my children to the dentist. Just haven't been compelled, though, but sooner or later I'll give some money to a dentist.;) Hope you feel better soon!

Anything and everything! I love their Coconut Chicken Soup & Panang Curry best, but I honesty have not had one bad meal there. Wave my way, I'm just a few blocks away. Have fun!

....like a...like a sports car.

It's living in my closet for now. I've told everyone that *I* alone am allowed to use it! ROFLOL! No one is going to carelessly suck up a Playmobil part and cause damage to this baby yet.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

Hooee...this is something. Talking about my passion for my new vacuum on a Friday night. Time for a glass of wine...then I'll wax poetic about my new silver slotted spoon. ;-)

Hey! I bought a bright red Miele a few months ago! It is a terrific vacuum.

Are ya gonna bring yours to the meet-up? Maybe ours could become friends. :D

Sorry about that! I keep thinking I should go to the dentist. Or take my children to the dentist. Just haven't been compelled, though, but sooner or later I'll give some money to a dentist.;) Hope you feel better soon!

Okay - I gotta' ask - how long has it been? I went four years between appointments once and swore I'd never do that again (that cleaning was painful!). And, I haven't! I take my kids just because I don't want them to have the same doctor phobia that I have.

Oh - and after two glasses of merlot (about to partake in my third), I'm feeling fine!!! Thanks!

I voted "busy", but that will only be in the morning.

All the males in my house will be gone on a father/son thing tomorrow. I'll be busy with the girls in the morning, but then I'm going to go and get a . . . *drum roll, please* . . . PEDICURE! I can't wait. :D

Hey! I bought a bright red Miele a few months ago! It is a terrific vacuum.

Are ya gonna bring yours to the meet-up? Maybe ours could become friends. :D

Hey - can I come!? (well, my vacuum wants to meet up.) Mine's a three year old model and he's feeling a bit out of it. He's bright blue, if that matters!

My two older boys and I running a foot race in the morning; they're doing the 5K and I'm doing the 10K. I've not been running much; my leg is still screwy. This will actually be the longest run I've done since the half marathon a couple of weeks ago.

After the run, we'll head down to the soccer park. Each of the older four boys has a game, and there may be an extra game in there, too. In between and/or after games I'll do my Saturday shopping at the food co-op. I'm hoping to have people over on Sunday after church, so I need to figure out what to cook. Back at home in the evening I'll have some cleaning and laundry to do. I actually could have done some of that cleaning rather than read all these poll replies, but...who wants to clean on Friday evening?;)

Hey - can I come!? (well, my vacuum wants to meet up.) Mine's a three year old model and he's feeling a bit out of it. He's bright blue, if that matters!

Yeah, what's this about a meet-up? My red Miele can hang with Jill's and Jackie's; my blue one can befriend yours, Jennifer.;)

Well, I chose boring, but it depends on your point of view. DH is taking the girls out to breakfast, then to Home Depot for the project du jour, and then someplace else. I, on the otherhand, am sleeping until the cows come home (and we're NOT in the country!) and then going to Half Priced Books.

BY. MY. SELF.

:D:auto::D

Yeah, what's this about a meet-up? My red Miele can hang with Jill's and Jackie's; my blue one can befriend yours, Jennifer.;)

Jennifer and Colleen, of course you are welcome to attend the meet-up. But only if you bring your Mieles. ;)

Actually, it would be a pretty long drive for you both, but I would love to meet you.

Here's Quiver's thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17890&highlight=AR+meet

My two older boys and I running a foot race in the morning; they're doing the 5K and I'm doing the 10K. I've not been running much; my leg is still screwy. This will actually be the longest run I've done since the half marathon a couple of weeks ago.

After the run, we'll head down to the soccer park. Each of the older four boys has a game, and there may be an extra game in there, too. In between and/or after games I'll do my Saturday shopping at the food co-op. I'm hoping to have people over on Sunday after church, so I need to figure out what to cook. Back at home in the evening I'll have some cleaning and laundry to do. I actually could have done some of that cleaning rather than read all these poll replies, but...who wants to clean on Friday evening?;)

Oh - I agree - clean on a Friday evening, when there's a nice glass of merlot handy and a dh home to do bedtime!? Never!

I am SOOO impressed with your running!!! How is your leg? Good luck to all of you tomorrow! My boys all want to run a race with me, so we'll see how that goes. But, I hurt a ligament in my knee and I'm trying to heal that now. Ugh. I tried walking a mile two nights ago and had to drive home (dh had the car at the baseball field a mile away, so I stole it!). I'm so sad!!!

Okay - I gotta' ask - how long has it been? I went four years between appointments once and swore I'd never do that again (that cleaning was painful!). And, I haven't! I take my kids just because I don't want them to have the same doctor phobia that I have.

I last went maybe four or five years ago ~ and that was several years after my previous visit. I didn't notice the cleaning was painful. My main deal with my teeth ~ and I'm kinda vain about my teeth ~ is that the yellowing that's coming with age (and coffee, and red wine...). I did the white strips one time and didn't notice a big difference. I'm actually considering having them whitened. Kinda silly, I know, but...

Only my older two guys have been to the dentist, and that was also years ago. We're blessed with good dental health, but I really should break down and at least take my oldest in just so he can feel like a normal kid.:D

Oh - very good!!! He'll be so happy!

Well, I chose boring, but it depends on your point of view. DH is taking the girls out to breakfast, then to Home Depot for the project du jour, and then someplace else. I, on the otherhand, am sleeping until the cows come home (and we're NOT in the country!) and then going to Half Priced Books.

BY. MY. SELF.

:D:auto::D

Ummmmm . . . nope, not boring!!! Seriously, that's my idea of heaven!!!!

Jennifer and Colleen, of course you are welcome to attend the meet-up. But only if you bring your Mieles. ;)

Actually, it would be a pretty long drive for you both, but I would love to meet you.

Here's Quiver's thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17890&highlight=AR+meet

Very cool!!! Off to visit the thread!!

Dd has ballet recital dress rehearsal for 2 hours in the morning. Then I have to throw a birthday party at 2. Recital warm-up at 5, and recital from 7:30-9:00. And somewhere in there I have to go get my ds some dress shoes. It's going to be a long day.