Menu

don't you just hate it when.........

you have a REAL stupid song going through your head and you can't make it stop? All night I keep hearing.....

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it,

Because it took so long to bake it.........

at least it's not a nursery rhyme. I used to get annoyed when I would take some time away and would find myself humming a children's song to myself. :tongue_smilie: The Barney theme song was the worst.

you have a REAL stupid song going through your head and you can't make it stop? All night I keep hearing.....

at least it's not a nursery rhyme. I used to get annoyed when I would take some time away and would find myself humming a children's song to myself. :tongue_smilie: The Barney theme song was the worst.

LOL The other day I had a choice of two songs....Barney's theme OR Blues Clues. Ohhhh they joys of having a 4yo who is a TV addict.

LOL The other day I had a choice of two songs....Barney's theme OR Blues Clues. Ohhhh they joys of having a 4yo who is a TV addict.

oh how I *hate* Barney! We always sung, "Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere! Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share," And of course, "I love you, you love me, etc."

Aaaw, those were such sweet times with oldest ds. :crying:

I'm confused. Is there a "notebook notebook" song on Blues Clues or a "backpack backpack" song on Dora?

I *do* love some of the veggie tales songs, though. :001_smile:

Well, I felt for you until I saw the song, then I just busted out laughing. Sorry.

well, which is the lesser of two evils?

How are you feeling? I haven't been around here much! Are you knitting yet?

Chicago's song is the lesser of the two evils. Trust me, my sister and I shared a room when we were teenagers and I heard that expletive-deleted BJ Thomas song (along with the entire album side) at least once a night! I am an expert on this question.

Not knitting yet. Feeling physically weak still.

I am getting to hear Blue's Clue's for the second time around with the grandbaby now.

To play Blue's Clues we gotta find a... (paw print!)

A paw print, right! And that's our first... (clue!)

A clue? (A clue!)

Then we put it in our... (notebook!)

Cause they're Blue's Clues, Blue's Clues!

We gotta find another paw print, that's the second clue

We put it in our notebook

Cause they're whose clues? Blue's Clues!

We gotta find the last paw print, that's the third clue

You know what to do!

Sit down in our Thinking Chair and think...think...think!

Cause when we use our mind, take a step at a time

We can do anything...that we wanna do!

I know all the Blue's Clue's songs and believe it or not it is still to this day how all of my children remember their planets.

I am getting to hear Blue's Clue's for the second time around with the grandbaby now.

To play Blue's Clues we gotta find a... (paw print!)

A paw print, right! And that's our first... (clue!)

A clue? (A clue!)

Then we put it in our... (notebook!)

We gotta find another paw print, that's the second clue

Cause they're whose clues? Blue's Clues!

We gotta find the last paw print, that's the third clue

You know what to do!

Sit down in our Thinking Chair and think...think...think!

Cause when we use our mind, take a step at a time

We can do anything...that we wanna do!

I know all the Blue's Clue's songs and believe it or not it is still to this day how all of my children remember their planets.

ok, that's impressive and all, but what does Blues Clues have to do with planets? Is there a Notebook Notebook song.

Someone left the cake out in the rain....................

ok, that's impressive and all, but what does Blues Clues have to do with planets? Is there a Notebook Notebook song.

Someone left the cake out in the rain....................

One of the episodes is all about the planets and it had a song to memorize them. Ya wanna hear it? The notebook is in the theme song and Dora's map does have a song but it just says:

I'm the map

I'm the map

I'm the map

Redundant and not very original.

One of the episodes is all about the planets and it had a song to memorize them. Ya wanna hear it? The notebook is in the theme song and Dora's map does have a song but it just says:

I'm the map

I'm the map

I'm the map

Redundant and not very original.

thank you very much for offering but no thank you. No more Blues Clues tonight. I think you've gotten that cake song out of my head now.

:lol:

And with that, good night!

So long, fare well...........

oh, I have GOT to dig that one up!

I used to LOVE Rosanne Rosanna Danna :001_smile: She died the day I got married 5/20/89. I loved Gilda Radner. SNL was AWESOME back then!

I love her. Actually all of the original crew was great. My hubby and I decided to watch the entire show from the beginning all over again. We started on season 1 about a month ago. At this rate is will take 840 months. That's 70 years. I guess we better pick up the pace some because um, I don't think I have that much time left and well, they are still making more. :glare:

:D My 15 year old dd just hates it when I sing "Close to You". Apparently she doesn't want that song in HER head.

What you do if you want to get a song out of your head is turn on the radio and listen to some other song.

I find that it also helps to listen to the song that is stuck a few times. I think the problem is that you usually only hear part of a song and then your brain tries to recall the rest and can't do it and then it get's stuck in repeat mode. If you listen to the song, it's like you brain says, "Oh, I know the words to this! Nothing to see here. Move along!"

Ugh, one time I had that Z.Z. Top song TV dinners stuck in my head. It literally kept me awake all night long. I thought I was going to go crazy. :bored:

I still remember the video..... Freaky little clay guy running all over a TV dinner. Now I am sure I will picture this in my head all day.

This one gets stuck in my head a lot... weird...I don't even like it (much):001_huh:

"Men At Work... Aint Nothing Gonna Break My Stride"

Last night I had the strangest dream,

I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find you

And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned

Didn't want no one to hold you, what does that mean?

And you said

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride

Nobody's gonna slow me down

Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride

I'm running and I won't touch ground

Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

We love to mess with my 5 year old and start singing Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy---hee hee! I don't know why but he gets that song stuck all the time.

I have had Neil Diamond songs in my head for 2 weeks. The worst one is that ET song--heartlight. AAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter and dh are currently in a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" so I fear those will be the only songs going through my head for the next 6 weeks until that show is done. However, now I have Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I got love in my tummy in there. I shouldn't have opened this thread. :001_smile:

We love to mess with my 5 year old and start singing Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy

When that song came out, I was 11 or 12. One of my friends in my girl scout troop sang that song at home. Her mother didn't realize it was an actual song, and thought she was trying to communicate that she was pregnant.

That was easily cleared up. My friend and I still did not know how pregnancy was accomplished or have any knowledge of male anatomy, so we figured married women got pregnant by kissing. The emphasis was on "married" -- single women being pregnant - that was unheard of. Those were such innocent times, at least for kids.

Naturally, that cemented the song in my head forever, and I have never liked it. It was a useless song. I sang it around the house after what happened to my friend, but my mother didn't take the bait.