Menu

I really, really hope that I don't get bronchitis again . . . (prayer request)

I have a cold. It's a bad cold but it's still just a common garden variety cold. Except - that now my chest is getting all tight and I'm starting to feel it going down into my lungs. OK - that's pretty normal too, right? But I was in the ER twice in November due to bronchitis (airway closing up - I couldn't breathe or talk) and then due to pericarditis (the sac around my heart got inflamed). Please pray that this cold stops right here and does not go down that road. Not only can we not afford it (I was paying medical bills all day today) but the last time the Drs. were praying I'd get better because none of their medicines were working.

Jean, are you still on immune building supplements?

I always swear by "Immune Stimulator" by Nature's Sunshine.

Hope you also have a few bottles of Elderberry Extract in the cupboard.

My grandma swore by inhaling moist, hot air with a large towel draped over

your head and hot water poured over chamomile while you breathe in the steam.

Perhaps it's worth a try.

Jean, are you still on immune building supplements?

I always swear by "Immune Stimulator" by Nature's Sunshine.

Hope you also have a few bottles of Elderberry Extract in the cupboard.

My grandma swore by inhaling moist, hot air with a large towel draped over

your head and hot water poured over chamomile. Perhaps it's worth a try.

I'm taking Sambucus (elderberry extract). I've had 3 cups of Airborne today which is supposed to boost your immune system. I'm taking anti-inflammatories already.

I'll look into "Immune Stimulator". I hadn't heard of that one.

I'll have to try the inhalation - I'm not sure if I have chamomile right now - I'll have to check.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I hope you feel better soon.. Have you seen a pulmonologist for lung function testing and to rule out asthma or other problems? Every time I got a cold in the past 2-3 years it would go right to my chest despite Flovent, albuterol nebulizers, and immune supplements similar to what you just listed. Finally I agree to try the advair discus and it has been fantastic for me. I have staved off at least 4 colds since I have been on it and they did not progress to my chest.

I would consider a pulmonologist IMHO.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I hope you feel better soon.. Have you seen a pulmonologist for lung function testing and to rule out asthma or other problems? Every time I got a cold in the past 2-3 years it would go right to my chest despite Flovent, albuterol nebulizers, and immune supplements similar to what you just listed. Finally I agree to try the advair discus and it has been fantastic for me. I have staved off at least 4 colds since I have been on it and they did not progress to my chest.

I would consider a pulmonologist IMHO.

:grouphug:

My internal medicine Dr. (who I realize is not a pulmonologist) did do some of that testing. At the time he diagnosed reactive airway disease. He said that I had more of a situational asthma brought out by that particular illness.