Menu

S/O on Lady Gaga

The way she dresses is very intentional. The crazier or more compelling she dresses, the more attention she gets from people in general, and especially media. The attention she gets, and the more familiar her name is, the more likely she will be selling more music and making more money.

Think Madonna and Cyndi Lauper in the 80s... same technique.

60 Minutes did a very good segment on her last night. Don't know if it's up yet, but it answered some questions for me. I do think she's a pretty smart cookie, as far as handling fame and manipulating her audience goes. As she says, if she can get folks to pay attention to what she directs their attention to, then they are more likely to give her a semblance of privacy in the areas she doesn't want attention drawn to.

Yes, she's always been a girl. There have always been mean stories about various celebrities being hermaphrodites or transsexuals.

Until I saw who was responding to this I would've thought it was the result of cat-like reflexes, iykwIm. But seeing who agreed (and not knowing Gaga from Eve) I guess there must be some similarity even though the rumors are not true.

Poor Jamie Lee, at least Gaga's got good company.

I never thought she was a man, but I did, for the longest time, think all of her songs were Madonna. I had not seen her, only heard them on the radio. Then when I saw her I thought, "oo! Madonna's looking good!" Then, I figured it out, of course.

I think she's just a Madonna wanna-be. I don't think there's anything terribly original about her at all (except maybe her meat dress, but even that was ripped off from a cow).

I never thought she was a man, but I did, for the longest time, think all of her songs were Madonna. I had not seen her, only heard them on the radio. Then when I saw her I thought, "oo! Madonna's looking good!" Then, I figured it out, of course.

I think she's just a Madonna wanna-be. I don't think there's anything terribly original about her at all (except maybe her meat dress, but even that was ripped off from a cow).

My thoughts, exactly.

I kept thinking, "This sounds so much like a Madonna song." I couldn't remember the title, only some lyrics, "Don't go for second best, baby," so I googled around and found out the Madonna song was "Express Yourself." Sounds exactly like her new tune, imo.