Menu

Spin off: Do you/will you give anon positive rep?

Guest Virginia Dawn

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've recieved some very encouraging rep from some of you, but I have no idea who you are!

I try to sign my user name on the rep I give, but sometimes I hit enter too quickly.

If you give anon pos rep, why? The only reason I can see, is that it is kind of like the principle of giving without expecting anything back.

The only reason I can see, is that it is kind of like the principle of giving without expecting anything back.

That. Sometimes I forget to type my name before hitting enter. Sometimes it's just fun to say something nice without saying, "hey, that was meeeee!" ;)

Originally, I thought that the system would add my signature, as it does on the posts. So, I sent out a lot of anon. positive rep! :o Now, I try to always add my name. I like knowing who has given me positive rep, so I try to do the same.

Sometimes I forget to type my name, sometimes I'm too lazy, and sometimes I just don't want to feel people might rep me later because I've repped them. Also, I'm confused now with my name change. I don't know whether to sign PrairieAir or Jenni or PA or Jenni in KS. None of it seems right and I get hung up easily on little things:)

I like to be anonymous; I like the idea of "random kindness." It also seems like that may avoid some of the "clique" behavior I've seen on other boards where a group of people just rep their same friends back & forth (not here, for some reason).

I can see both sides. I think it is fun to practice anonymous acts of kindness :001_smile: I also enjoy knowing who repped me. I do sign my name to every rep and leave an encouraging comment if it is positive rep, and gentle, constructive feedback if it is negative.

I've recieved some very encouraging rep from some of you, but I have no idea who you are!

I try to sign my user name on the rep I give, but sometimes I hit enter too quickly.

If you give anon pos rep, why? The only reason I can see, is that it is kind of like the principle of giving without expecting anything back.

The only time I've done that is by sheer accident. The first few times I left positive rep (I've never left negative rep!) , I would hit enter thinking I was spacing down. On the rep thing, when you do that, it's done. So, now I know just to space over and leave my name!

Guest Shanna

Some one please enlighten me. What is rep?? I have spent many years online and on forums but am completely clueless.

I'll leave my name about half the time, so I guess I'm an habitual anonymous positive repper. *Hangs head in shame*

I just can't get over my dislike of the rep system.

It also seems like that may avoid some of the "clique" behavior I've seen on other boards where a group of people just rep their same friends back & forth (not here, for some reason).

Because the system won't allow it. It will tell you that you need to spread it around. Unfortunately, there is no log that you can see so that you know who you have repped. I don't keep track of who I rep so I frequently find that I get the spread it around message. Apparently I agree with the same posters on a regular basis. :)

Some one please enlighten me. What is rep?? I have spent many years online and on forums but am completely clueless.

There is a "sticky" post (a post which stays permanently "stuck" at the top of the board) on the How-To Forum here. There is also a link to it, I believe, also as a STICKY, at the top of this forum page.

Hope that helps!