Menu

Looks like Scholastic is doing $1 downloads again (until 2/25)...

melissel

...which is awesome, since I fell asleep with the girls on the last night of the last sale and missed buying everything that was in my cart!

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/dollardeals?&product_type=269&view=all

However, it looks like they're going into the cart at full price again, so I'm going to shoot them an email.

In case anyone missed it last time, now's your chance!

I wasted a lot of time on this the other day and ended up getting nothing. Very annoying that they can't get their act together with the shopping cart.

Oh no, that stinks! I know a lot of people managed to get their orders in last time even after the problems with the pricing. I was hoping we could this time too.

It IS annoying, and surprising. It's not like Scholastic is some fly-by-night little publisher!

Anyway, I don't expect to see any progress until Monday, so my plan is to spend the next day or so going through and adding things to my wish list so I can just pop them into my cart when they straighten it all out (fingers crossed!). I'll update here when I hear from them, or when I see the situation corrected on the site.

I had problems with the pricing last time and then problems with three of the books never saving once I was able to open them. I ended up using the three downloads trying on different computers. It took them about a month to get back to me with reactivated downloads. I forwarded the link to DH at work where he has the full version of Adobe so he could do it and it didn't even work there. He did print them out for me but we haven't been able to save them.

All that just to say - if you do order things, make sure you are able to save them to your computer.

I agree that its a shame that such a large company would have these kinds of problems.

GRRR!! I have 19 items in my cart and have tried to check out several times now. Each time I'm at "Review Order" and click to purchase, it takes me back to my Cart page. It never sends me to Paypal or anything like that. :confused:

Plus, it is taking FOREVER for each page to load. I tried getting on Hubs' computer (it is newer and faster), and it's taking forever there, too! Is anyone else having these issues/frustrations?! I'm about to pull my hair out!

We're about to head to my mom's for a Valentine lunch with family. I guess I'll try again later this afternoon.

Yeh it is running S-L-O-W. I need to step away from it for awhile and go do something productive. :lol:

What are you all getting?

In my cart so far:

Easy to Make and Learn Project: Human Body and Colonial America

26 Interactive Alphabet Mini-Books (my DD loves this kind of stuff)

Thematic Writing Paper (thought it looked fun for notebooking

A couple of the monthly idea books

Instant Map Skills: United States

So weird! I just checked out with 16 things and had no trouble at all. I downloaded them all right away too and had no trouble :confused:

I managed to pare down to 16 from 27 on my wish list. I have some things that are sort of the same general things, but for younger DD, or that I know will span a grade or two for older DD. Plus, older DD LOVES learning via outside-the-box problems problems and puzzles, so hopefully there's enough to keep her busy for awhile!

Here's what I bought:

To use with both

Quick-And-Easy Learning Games: Science

Easy Make & Learn Projects: Human Body

Munchie Math (mostly DD5)

Teaching About Nonfiction With Picture Books

Mostly for DD8

Nonfiction Read & Write Booklets: Human Body

More Proofreading Practice, Please! Grade 3

Grammar Puzzles & Games Kids Can't Resist!

Fractured Fairy Tales: Multiplication & Division

Daily Math Jumpstarts

Algebra Readiness Made Easy: Grade 3

Algebra Readiness Made Easy: Grade 4

40 Graphic Organizers That Build Comprehension During Independent Reading

8 Practice Tests for Reading and Math: Grade 3

24 Nonfiction Passages for Test Practice (2-3)

Mostly for DD5

201 Thematic Riddle Poems to Build Literacy

Fun-Filled 5- to 10-Minute Math Activities for Young Learners

I'm excited to print some things out and get started!

I did mine earlier today with no problems. So sorry this is such a hassle for some of you. :grouphug:

Ds really LOVES geography so I got several geo books...

Instant Map Skills: World

Instant Map Skills: US

US Map Crosswords

Amazing Hands-On Map Activities

Plus several other hands on activity books that others have suggested...

Easy make & learn projects: Colonial Amer & Human Body

Instant Habitat Dioramas

Exploring Patterns

A Thanksgiving activity book

I also bought a reading level assessment so I can figure out exactly where ds is. ~HTH

Edited by Mert

So I finally got my order to go through but I can't save them now...

Am I supposed to download them everytime I want to use them??

No, you only get three downloads for each item. Can you get into your My Downloads section? If you can, what happens when you click on one of the links? Did you try right clicking on a link to see what happens? (If you're on a Mac, try ctrl+clicking.)

I finally got all my 18 items into my cart and purchased It took 2.5 hours because the site was so SLOW.

Now we'll see if they download ok.

I know!! - So, SO S-L-O-W!!!

What I expected to take about 30 minutes last night, took me HOURS last night and again today (I woke up to an empty cart!)!!! I sure hope it is worth it!! :)

I wasted a lot of time on this the other day and ended up getting nothing. Very annoying that they can't get their act together with the shopping cart.

This is where I am now. I tried earlier to purchase my order and couldn't get past the screen to enter my payment info, and then everything in my cart just went poof. I went through it again to add the items back to my cart, and still can't buy the darn things. I am about to give up, because if they can't even figure out how to take my money, I worry about actually being able to get the items. :confused: (and cranky)

This is where I am now. I tried earlier to purchase my order and couldn't get past the screen to enter my payment info, and then everything in my cart just went poof. I went through it again to add the items back to my cart, and still can't buy the darn things. I am about to give up, because if they can't even figure out how to take my money, I worry about actually being able to get the items. :confused: (and cranky)

This is the oddest thing! I literally just went to check it out and see what's going on. I found a book in my wish list that I wanted and forgot to switch over to my cart, went ahead and added it, clicked through, paid via Paypal, and downloaded it. I zipped right through!

What browser is everyone using? I'm on a Mac using Firefox. Maybe you can try to switch to a different browser and see what happens?

This is the oddest thing! I literally just went to check it out and see what's going on. I found a book in my wish list that I wanted and forgot to switch over to my cart, went ahead and added it, clicked through, paid via Paypal, and downloaded it. I zipped right through!

What browser is everyone using? I'm on a Mac using Firefox. Maybe you can try to switch to a different browser and see what happens?

I am also on a Mac with Firefox and I am having a terrible time with the website. It has taken through "checkout" like 3 times, then it tells me I am going to be redirected to Paypal and then I get bounced back to my basket page. It is too confusing. I am worried I am going to end up with duplicate orders and whatnot. :glare:

I am also on a Mac with Firefox and I am having a terrible time with the website. It has taken through "checkout" like 3 times, then it tells me I am going to be redirected to Paypal and then I get bounced back to my basket page. It is too confusing. I am worried I am going to end up with duplicate orders and whatnot. :glare:

That really stinks! Did you ever get a chance to put your password into Paypal? If you didn't, I think you're safe order-wise. I had to enter my password and then hit Submit (or Confirm or something) to finalize the order.

I hope everyone has better luck today.

Got my items and they downloaded. I basically had to go through the backdoor, by ignoring the payment screen, reviewing my order and then it automatically took me right to Paypal. Luckily I have a paypal account. I think nighttime is the worst time to order so many people are on in all the different time zones? Hope everyone got what they wanted.

I got the Science easy to make projects and it looks fantastic. I am also really happy with the Practice, Practice addition and subtraction, and Practice Practice Time and Measurement. They are for drilling math facts without just the cut and dried sheets of problems. Oh the other one I am excited about is the Diorama workbook. I ordered a few more, but those are the ones that really stand out. Now I need to get with my dear sister in law who has the capability to print and bind for free at work, and twist her arm just a bit. :001_smile:

I was having some of the problems described (being returned to my shopping cart instead of forwarded to paypal, having my shopping cart's contents vanish, etc). I was eventually able to get it to work, but I changed three things about what I was doing, so I'm not sure which fixed it. In case it's helpful to someone else, here's what I changed:

* I switched from Firefox to Safari.

* I purchased small amounts at a time, in multiple transactions (it was kind of a large order, and I thought that might be causing problems).

* I placed my order in the evening when there was presumably less traffic on the site.

I'd recommend people keep an extra shopping cart tab open to refer to in case they lose its contents in the checkout process, and that they move their items to their wish list if they aren't ready or able to check out yet. It is a pain, but now that I've got our books and loaded them on our iPad, I'm really happy with the purchase.