Menu

Where to buy? Girls skirts. Past knee/calf length, durable, hippy style size 12/14

any ideas? This is for a friends 12 yo girl who is a tom boy in skirts. The family is fine with jeans, but the daughter loves skirts. Climbing trees, making mud pies...in a long skirt LOL Gotta love homeschoolers :D

ETA: 12/14 in girls (apx 4'10"ft tall, with a very slim waist)

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Do you mean 12/14 misses or 12/14 girls? I know 12yo girls at both ends of the spectrum. :)

If you're talking misses...

For some reason all of the winter skirts are 12" long and use less than a yard of fabric. Apparently young women don't freeze in the winter and they are completely happy with only tights covering a majority of the leg.

But if you wait until spring/summer you should find plenty of long skirts. Last year Old Navy had several cute styles. My dds travelled to India last summer and we bought several for their trip.

If you are talking 12/14 girls, I know Gymboree had a few the other day in spring colors. Kohl's had a few in the fall.

BTW- my 2nd dd lived in skirts when she was 12. She would garden in them, feed the chicken, and walk in the woods. This was during her Anne of Green Gables phase. ;)

any ideas? This is for a friends 12 yo girl who is a tom boy in skirts. The family is fine with jeans, but the daughter loves skirts. Climbing trees, making mud pies...in a long skirt LOL Gotta love homeschoolers :D

ETA: 12/14 in girls (apx 4'10"ft tall, with a very slim waist)

OK, this fits my dd's description. She'll be 12 this May and about that height and slim. Well, believe it or not, try Goodwill or Once Upon A Child consignment store as they sell clothes that may be a few years old and in a style that is longer. HTH!

Some of the school uniform sites have longer skirts for girls, like http://www.frenchtoast.com/category/girls+school+uniforms/girls+7-14+school+uniforms/girls+7-14+school+uniforms+scooters-skirts.do?nType=2

They have a few calf length skirts for girls. You can also try ebay. But I agree with a previous poster who said that a skirt is a nice, easy project for someone who wants to learn to sew.

• 1 year later...