Menu

Character building curriculum?

cylau

I have no experience to share, but I was reading about a two book set recommended on Charlottemasonhelp.com called Child's book of Character Building, by Ron and Rebekah Coriell. I have not seen the book, but it has some positive reviews. You can preview a few pages at Amazon. The same website as above has character training books listed in her year by year curriculum if you are looking for more ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Childs-Book-Character-Building-Growing/dp/0800754948/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Edited by leann_in_tx

Here is a free online/printable character building Bible study from Focus on the Family. While I generally don't like Focus on the Family for various reasons, the studies are quite good. We are using it this year and enjoy it. It is Scripture based, with lots of discussion, activities, and family based reinforcement of concepts.

We used a Child's Book of Character Building last year and my kids enjoyed listening to it. It is for the younger age group though. My daughter was 4 when we read through it.

I've been thinking about the Five in a Row Character supplement for our upcoming year. I don't know anyone who has used it though. So I'm still looking.

:bigear:

KONOS offers some. I haven't used them tho, so I can't give them a thumbs up or down. I also don't know how "full" they are.

We just started using FIAR's Bible Supp. I would say it's pretty basic and quick. I'm not quite sure if it's a little too simple for my 1st and 3rd grader-we've only done two lessons. We use it in addition to the FIAR Program-not sure if it would work on it's own. We also do BSFAA which is more of a study program.

:bigear:

KONOS offers some. I haven't used them tho, so I can't give them a thumbs up or down. I also don't know how "full" they are.

We just started using FIAR's Bible Supp. I would say it's pretty basic and quick. I'm not quite sure if it's a little too simple for my 1st and 3rd grader-we've only done two lessons. We use it in addition to the FIAR Program-not sure if it would work on it's own. We also do BSFAA which is more of a study program.

There are several scriptures and sometimes more than one lesson for each book. It includes way way more than Beautiful Feet's Character Curriculum. When we did it, we did it without the FIAR curriculum (which was a pain so we dropped it).

Does anyone have any suggestion for character building curriculum, possibly Christian based?

I used Lessons in Responsibility for Boys from Pearables. My husband did it with the boys.

I am so glad that you are asking about this. When I asked this question on this board, I was raked over the coals. People gave some suggestions, but others were telling me how this is not something that you need a curriculum for. Modeling Christian character is the only way to learn character building. I do not agree. I think that using a curriculum is very helpful.

Here is my old thread: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7490&page=2

There are a few curricula in there that you might want to look at.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolingblogger.com/testimony