Menu

Anyone want to share their Resolution?

This is going to be the Year of Discipline for our family.

~Dh and I need to consitantly work out

~Kids need to learn to do basics without being told (get dressed, make bed, etc.)

~Mom needs to stick to the school and chore schedules

~Start menu planning

Anyone else??

1. Find the willpower to eat better (for me and the whole family) and exercise consistently. I want to lose 30 lbs.

2. Be brutal in what we move/take to our new house. It's bigger than what we are in now, but I'm tired of so much stuff.

3. Get my scrapbooks caught up for the boys -- don't know why this stresses me, but I want to have them done in case something happens to me. My mom died unexpectedly 10 years ago and I would love to have some type of photo albums done with her handwriting in them. I think that is why this stresses me...

4. Learn to live more in the moment than spending so much of my day thinking about the future.

5. Continue working on being the best mom I can be to my boys and the best wife I can be to my husband.

My three goals for next year (and beyond):

1. Strengthening -- I see this as my real fitness weakness, so rather than thinking about weight loss or a particular exercise regimen, I really want to find ways to strengthen my body This mostly means a shift to more weight training and continuing to do what I already do in terms of eating properly.

2. Stretching -- I am not as flexible as I used to be! I want to add in some daily stretching, which should be a very easy resolution to keep.

3. Stress reduction -- I need to make the time to do the things that make me happy. I don't think I need to make major changes in this area, but I do need to let go of some of my perfectionist ideals so that I have more fun, more often. I didn't spend as much time with friends and family as I wanted to this year. I didn't read as much as I usually do. Next year I will get more sleep, not feel guilty if I want to sit and watch Masterpiece Mystery or read something without jumping up to tend to someone else's wants every few minutes, and make time for more meaningful conversations.

This is going to be the Year of Discipline for our family.

~Dh and I need to consitantly work out

~Kids need to learn to do basics without being told (get dressed, make bed, etc.)

~Mom needs to stick to the school and chore schedules

~Start menu planning

Anyone else??

Actually those are pretty much mine. I will add healthy eating to the working out part (I'm starting WW soon).

Add to the kids about consistency with chores, wake/sleep schedules and school.

i read in another thread about a "no S" diet. i've started that & hope to continue with it into the new year. in march i have a half marathon. in november i'll have a full marathon, and i'm hoping to schedule in some other races in-between. i'd like for us to get out of debt this new year too & hopefully move closer to charlotte...that's our plan anyway:) we'll see how it all unfolds.

To be fit for service, on four fronts:

- Spiritually (prayed up!!!)

- Physically (great diet & exercise)

- Practically (informed, organized and on schedule)

- Financially (increased income / reduced debt)

Think I'll wake up with all this in place January 1? :lol: Of course not! But this is the reform I'm aiming for (and to quit worrying about dangling prepositions on message board posts ;)).

Edited by AuntieM

Our goals (we don't use the term resolution- too cliche - and they get dropped) - we tend to group them. Each of us has to have one in each category - family & individual. The family goals are below. We do a monthly or quarterly check on the progress. They are also posted on the refrigerator.

Physical - eat healthier, eat out less, work out

Spiritual - respect the God's word more by reading it, obeying it and sharing it

Mental - Pay down debt - we are using the Dave Ramsey plan

Marital - Improve it by spending more time together and meeting each other's needs

Guest momk2000

1 -No credit cards

2 -Keep up with housework

3 -More disciplined eating habits (thinking about joining weight watchers online to keep track of daily eating habits).

I'm trying to make prayer for others a more central and concerted part of each day and am taking steps to do that.

I'm looking at switching us over to a more pure water source for our drinking and cooking.... We have used a filter on the kitchen tap in past and have done some other things, but I'm looking to switch to something else....

To be fit for service, on four fronts:

- Spiritually (prayed up!!!)

- Physically (great diet & exercise)

- Practically (informed, organized and on schedule)

- Financially (increased income / reduced debt)

Think I'll wake up with all this in place January 1? :lol: Of course not! But this is the reform I'm aiming for (and to quit worrying about dangling prepositions on message board posts ;)).

Sounds awesome.

Mine are:

1. Healthy (I've had a lot of illness this year. Planning on taking the steps to keep myself well.)

2. Happy (Date nights for me and dh, making time for my friends)

3. Get closer to God (make time for study, prayer, and meditation)

4. Achieve a tangible personal goal (I know that sounds silly, but I want to FINISH SOMETHING! I feel like I have so many incomplete projects laying about)