Menu

Don't know how to make a poll but... re:piercings..?

Besides ears.. what have you done? Was it before or after kids? :confused:

I got my belly button done after child #4 when I was 35. After 1 1/2yrs, my body rejected it. I have had my ears and cartilage done since forever. I'm currently trying to gather the courage to get a tiny nose dot.

Besides ears.. what have you done? Was it before or after kids? :confused:

I got my belly button done after child #4 when I was 35. After 1 1/2yrs, my body rejected it. I have had my ears and cartilage done since forever. I'm currently trying to gather the courage to get a tiny nose dot.

Not even my ears. How weird am I? LOL

I think a nose dot is pretty unless you think you'd have a reaction to it. Then... you know, not! :001_smile:

I used to have fourteen piercings but let them all go ten or twelve years ago. They just no longer fit my self image.

I really never would have pegged you for having any piercings! 14? Wow. I am just surprised, in a good kind of way.

Christy

Forgive me for asking, but, do the holes ever go away?

Just curious.

No. My sister got her belly button done before she got pregnant. During her pregnancy she took the ring out and the skin stretched and now it's all this loose nasty skin and a long red scar.

She really regrets doing it.

I really want a small diamond in my nose. My brother's girlfriend has one and it is really cute. It is very small and discreet.

I removed it when I was prego with dd7, it was interesting. It really freaked my mom out, I don't regret it- I was young and I had fun.

Tongue? Get OUT! Did you really?

Now understand, I don't think there's anything wrong with a grown person deciding to do this or that or the other thing with his/her body, but dang, Jessica. You've just upset things in my space-time continuum here. :blink:

:D

During her pregnancy she took the ring out and the skin stretched and now it's all this loose nasty skin and a long red scar.

I expected to have to take my belly ring out while I was pregnant, but I ended up making it through all nine months with it in. I did get a little stretch mark at it, but otherwise everything went back to the way it should be. :D

And for the OP, I have 6 earrings in my left ear (4 reg, 1 cartilage, 1 in the cartilage flap right in front of the ear canal - I have no idea what that's called) and only one regular in my right ear.

I was going to get a nose one years ago, but then it started becoming too popular so I decided to wait. I may still get one, now that the fad has passed.

I'll let you know how that goes. I woud also like to get a small nose dot some day. On the other hand I have left my ear totally close as my dh like to nibble them. I have also concidered a very small, fine, lacey looking tatoo on my lower back but I am afraid of what it would look like when I got older so I don't think that will happen.

Forgive me for asking, but, do the holes ever go away?

Just curious.

Now not all go away or just leave a scar. My tongue closed up, my lip closed and I don't even have a scar. Now my eyebrow it is still an open hole that a hoop goes in easily and I haven't worn one in there in over 9 years.

Lol Pam!

I know, I was a bit of a straight-laced rebel. Now a pastor's wife, but the pastor's wife bit is actually more of a surprise to my parents than the pierced tongue or tats. I didn't try alcohol until I was 20, is that better? Lol.

See now you had my thinking when I read the thread that you were going to jam our to Tom Petty. Now that all this comes out it all makes sense now. LOL

In addition to my ears, I got my belly button done between child#2 and #3. It actually fell out about a month after I found out I was pregnant, so I just let it close. You can't really see it anymore. I am planning on getting it done again soon (hopefully the next couple weeks!) because I am just two pounds away from my "belly-button goal".

I've always wanted an eyebrow ring, but I dh doesn't really like that look, and my nose is too itchy for a nose ring. The idea of piercing my tongue just freaks me out!!:D

two holes in each ear, but I rarely ever wear earrings anymore. I'm just not much of a jewelry person.

I do, however, want to get my nose pierced, and just wear a little diamond, but my husband says, "NO!" Dh never says no to me about anything, so I am honoring this. :tongue_smilie:

Kim

Tom Petty's pretty mild, now if I said Kid Rock, then there'd be some eyebrows raised. Lol!

Then I would say hey you and my son listen to the same thing. I won't mention what I listen to. (Most think of it as not music just crap, well that is what my mom says anyways)

Now I'm just too old. :glare:

Stop saying that!!! Because if you are too old, I probably am too, but I will get one some day. And I think you should get one anyways!! So there!!

Now do as you're told and stop being so rebellious and just go get the dadgum nose ring! (And then post pics so I can live vicariously through you! :tongue_smilie: )

7 total: 6 in my ears and 1 in my nose. Love my nose dot. :D Before children, I only had the standard 1 hole per ear. I've gotten all of the rest since my last was born. Soon, I'll do my cartilage...dd just had hers done a couple of weeks ago, and I like the way it looks. If I ever arrive at my goal weight, I plan to do my belly button, and I'd like to do my lip at some point.

Lisa

I always think it's kind of funny how people rarely respond to a post with...

No.

I haven't done anything besides my ears. :)

When I was 18ish, I wanted to pierce my belly button, but I never had the guts to do it.

Now, I see some people with a tiny nose piercing that actually looks classy, but it's rare that I find a piercing other than ears to be classy looking.

I understand that they're more common than they used to be, and I know some great people with piercings, so I'm not judgemental about them... But for MYSELF, I can't imagine myself actually doing something like that... or tattoos... they're too permanent.

On a wild and crazy day I've dreamed about streaking my hair with dark green streaks... but I don't think I could actually ever do it. Despite the fact that I tend to get wild and crazy around my DH and kids, I have been striving (sometimes unsuccessfully) to have a classy, pulled together look, and I don't think that *I* could pull that off if I had visible piercings.

I do love my green glasses, though. They're very *me* without being too far out of my own personal comfort zone.

I always think it's kind of funny how people rarely respond to a post with...

No.

Okay, I'll respond with a no...not even my ears, no piercings no tattoos...just me!

as for the piercings, if you knew me you would know that I really don't wear any jewelry. my wedding ring is in a drawer somewhere (I hope). I love the idea of jewelry, it just ends up in my way....or being pulled by a toddler!;)

I have had my cartilage pierced. I would get my naval pierced if I had the flat tummy to show it off...

Maybe some day.

I have no doubt that if I'd been younger when people started piercing stuff that I'd have pierced something else besides my ears. Probably an eyebrow or something. I would've colored my hair pink or blue, too. Probably not too original but fun. My younger sisters & cousins have had piercings and tattoos. I think some of them have removed them but it seems like they enjoyed it.

I went ahead and did it! :D Dh and I were having a date night, and we had some time before we went to dinner, so I said, "Hey, let's go get my belly-button pierced!" He was so squeamish about it :tongue_smilie:

I am still about two pounds away from my "goal weight for belly piercing", but I wanted it to heal before Lake swimming this summer, so I had to compromise. Now, I've been working the body brushing and collagen lotions to help make my belly look better. Right now its still "for dh's eyes only", but hopefully by 4th of July, it might peek out of a bathing suit ;)

So...thanks for the pants-kicking to go and get it done!!!

I'll be one of the "nos."

I have three holes in each ear -- all done in the mid-to-late 80s, when I was in my teens. If other piercings had been "in" when I was a teen, I might have done more, but I was (and am) a wimp, so I doubt it.

During the time in my life when I wore all three pairs of earrings, I also dyed wide white streaks at the temples. My hair was dark blonde/light brown, so it looked weird (somewhat like those small monkeys with the wild-looking fur on the temples, not cool). :blink:

Now, I rarely wear even one pair of earrings. Come to think of it, I only *own* one pair -- small diamond studs that dh got me for our fifth anniversary-- a long time ago.

Dd, from India, wants a nose stud. It's common in India, and I understand her wish, but she has to wait until she's 18. 1. It's permanent, and 2. Every time I see a nose ring, I think, "Don't they get 'stuff' gummed up on the inside of the nose ring/stud?" LOL

I have always wanted my bellybutton pierced, but never got the nerve to do it, now I can't, gained a little bit too much weight:glare:. Oh well, I did get a tattoo, on my right shoulder, a black rose, the one I've been wanting for twenty something years, since I was fifteen. yay me!;)