Menu

What else could I do with pot pie filling?

I made this AMAZING pot pie filling last week, but I'd love to find ways to use it other than putting a high-fat crust over it. What else could I do with it? I'm thinking I can put it over rice, but what else? I'm so uncreative!

TIA!

Would you be willing to share the recipe for the amazing pot pie filling that you made (always in search of new things that the kids might be willing to try WITHOUT a fight)?

How about making "fake" mashed potatoes? I was looking for a substitute for mashed potatoes, which we adore but need to cut carbs, and I discovered that one can make fake mashed potatoes from steamed cauliflower - still add all the extras like butter, garlic, etc. and get a low carb alternative.

I often make shepherd's pie and put mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower) on top. Bake in the oven with some grated cheese on top.

How about making "fake" mashed potatoes? I was looking for a substitute for mashed potatoes, which we adore but need to cut carbs, and I discovered that one can make fake mashed potatoes from steamed cauliflower - still add all the extras like butter, garlic, etc. and get a low carb alternative.

I often make shepherd's pie and put mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower) on top. Bake in the oven with some grated cheese on top.

Ya, but have you tried that yet. We did once. :ack2:

I use a potato-based crust instead of the traditional crust. You can add salt, onion powder, or garlic powder if you like; the original recipe was for an apple pie and had sugar, so I just do whatever I feel like that day.

1 pound potatoes, peeled

2 T butter

About 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for surfaces

Salt, onion powder, and/or garlic powder to taste

Dice the potatoes and boil till soft, drain. Mash with the butter then add the rest of the ingredients and knead till smooth, adding flour as needed. Divide into two parts. Roll out one for the bottom crust and lay in a greased 8- or 9-inch pie plate. Fill and top with the other section. Bake at 400 for about 50 minutes till nicely browned.