Menu

So what are the chances that I will ever see a package that says it was delievered

Request the info about the package. Was it left at a neighbors? Left behind a flower pot? (That you don't have) or any other identifying information may lead you to who it was really delivered to.

I know people who have had this happen and the post office had a note that it was left behind a screen door.....they didn't have a screen door, so the post office had to pay the insurance cost to replace it.

Contact the sender. I just did this today with Amazon and they are sending out a replacement right away. It won't be here for Christmas, but they are not making me pay for the items. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution!

Merry Christmas!

ETA: Obviously this only works if it is a package from a retailer...If it's a personal gift I don't know what you can do...

Edited by MotherMayI

It's not in your mailbox correct? We got the mail one day, no package but then it said online that it was delivered when I checked. I got a little worried, but checked the mailbox again and it was there. I think the mail person came back around after we'd gotten the mail. We are in s subdivision and that's happened before.

Call the postmaster at your local post office on Monday. I once had an item that I ordered from ebay where I had the DC number from the seller. When I checked the status on-line, it said it had been delivered at 10:15am. Where I live, that would be impossible. The mail never comes that early so I knew there was a mistake.

It turned out that the package was scanned as delivered at the post office, and then it was delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately, the people who got it were honest and returned it, so I eventually got it. They happened to be on vacation at the time, so I had to wait awhile for it.

If you were definitely at home at the time it said it was delivered, it was probably sent to the wrong house -- so definitely talk to the postmaster and your own mailman. Maybe he/she will remember where they delivered it.

I hope you eventually find your package.

Brenda

I sent an email to po,since they are closed I can't call. I also let the seller know just in case for some reason the item would get sent back. I will call people directly on Monday.

I figure this is going to be a little more complicated than ususal. Lots of people have ordered gifts online. I figure even if it was delievered at the wrong address, well, whose to say the person who got it will even know if there was a mistake. I know that I order stuff and my husband wouldn't necessarily know that something wasn't ours if he opened the package without looking at the address.

It will be interesting to see what happens! I really just hope if I can't locate the thing I can get a refund.

I hope it turns up soon, or you get your money back.

I sent an email to po,since they are closed I can't call. I also let the seller know just in case for some reason the item would get sent back. I will call people directly on Monday.

I figure this is going to be a little more complicated than ususal. Lots of people have ordered gifts online. I figure even if it was delievered at the wrong address, well, whose to say the person who got it will even know if there was a mistake. I know that I order stuff and my husband wouldn't necessarily know that something wasn't ours if he opened the package without looking at the address.

It will be interesting to see what happens! I really just hope if I can't locate the thing I can get a refund.

A week ago, I received a package with two addresses on it- one mine and one the next street over, with the same house number as mine. It had someone else's name on it so I knew it was theirs. I took it to their house but it took me like three days to remember to take it. I do hope it shows up...it might take a couple of days for the recipient to realize it's not theirs.

to me but wasn't? It was shipped priority mail w/delivery conf USPS. It says it came yesterday at 3:30. We were all home. No such thing happened.

I would report it asap(Monday). I had that happen once and it was delivered down the street about a block to a door they didn't use very often. It was about a month later that it showed up.