Menu

Please pray...

It's a blizzard. High winds, heavy snow, lights flickering, snow plows thinking about giving up and going in.

We just heard the fire sirens. On the scanner, "a structure is completely engulfed"--one of our neighbor's houses...and the firetrucks can't get to it...they are trying to get a snow plow there to get the tankers in.

:crying: Jean

There has not been anything on the news about it this morning. Last night, as I listened to the scanner, they did send an ambulance to the hospital, but I don't know any more than that. If the house was engulfed before they even called the snow plow out, I can't imagine there was much saving to do. It took FOREVER to find a snow plow within a driving distance that could come out and plow, and then he had to turn around and try to come in from another direction. This was the night that snow plows were getting stuck on the highways.

I don't know if the kids are still at home or not. I do know they did not have the resources for this type of thing--we wonder if they even had insurance.

Sorry. I don't have much of an update. My hubby is going to try to plow out our drive, but he's not certain he has enough horsepower to do it! We have high winds and the snow is still moving.

I did think one of the power surges took out my computer, and then I discovered it fried my surge protector!!! Now THAT surge protector was worth EVERY PENNY!

Thanks for the prayers. I'll update when I know something more.

Jean

I'll be praying.

There has not been anything on the news about it this morning. Last night, as I listened to the scanner, they did send an ambulance to the hospital, but I don't know any more than that. If the house was engulfed before they even called the snow plow out, I can't imagine there was much saving to do. It took FOREVER to find a snow plow within a driving distance that could come out and plow, and then he had to turn around and try to come in from another direction. This was the night that snow plows were getting stuck on the highways.

I don't know if the kids are still at home or not. I do know they did not have the resources for this type of thing--we wonder if they even had insurance.

Sorry. I don't have much of an update. My hubby is going to try to plow out our drive, but he's not certain he has enough horsepower to do it! We have high winds and the snow is still moving.

I did think one of the power surges took out my computer, and then I discovered it fried my surge protector!!! Now THAT surge protector was worth EVERY PENNY!

Thanks for the prayers. I'll update when I know something more.

Jean

News has been slow here--I guess everyone is hunkered down with below zero temps and icy roads. I drove to the funeral of my sister's mil yesterday and got up to 45mph in one stretch!

It sounds as though there was extensive damage to the home. No one knows who went to the hospital, but I'm guessing, since it did not make the news, no one was seriously injured. I'm sure the community will reach out to them--traditionally we have a spaghetti supper or some such thing at a church to raise funds to help families in need. I think they might be staying with a neighbor (may be family) right now.

I think it is even harder when this happens at Christmas. Thanks for your prayers.

Jean