Menu

Look who St. Nicholas brought!

We have elves and it is so much fun. Tonight they are putting together a puzzle.:D

I first read about them last year but it was too late to order so I went in search of elves in the local stores. I found Annalee elves and they work perfect for us because they have wire in their bodies so they are easy to put in all kinds of fun situations.

We just started something like this with an elf that belonged to me when I was little. Yes I totally stole the idea from the other thread LOL. My daughter is loving it. I just blogged about it on my homeschool blog if you care to see. I am trying to come up with ideas for him. This morning he had a tea party with care bears!!! I get all the good things from this forum you guys ROCK!!!

Okay, the YouTube is a little creepy. :glare:

I wouldn't have spent the money on the "kit" myself, but a dear friend sent this to us knowing how much fun we'd have with it. I have big plans for our new little friend!

Do the plans involve getting the weapons out of the Monopoly game to defend yourself against this creepy thing? :lol:

We have a bunch of those elves -- I still have a few from when I was a kid, and I know they're in one of the boxes with the Christmas decorations, and I know we also have a few that belonged to MIL. I'm sure ours are all from the '50's or '60's, but they look the same as the new ones. (Ok, maybe a little faded here and there...)

Maybe we'll try the Elf on the Shelf thing this year. I'd never even heard of it until I read about it here.

Cat

I think the older kids might get a kick out of this too. My oldest is 9, but I think we'll start this next year. Just finding the elf each morning would be fun. And if you start at a young age, then they would probably enjoy the tradition up until they leave home.

We just started something like this with an elf that belonged to me when I was little. Yes I totally stole the idea from the other thread LOL. My daughter is loving it. I just blogged about it on my homeschool blog if you care to see. I am trying to come up with ideas for him. This morning he had a tea party with care bears!!! I get all the good things from this forum you guys ROCK!!!

I read your post on the creepy-elf thread, but my battery died before I got a chance to respond. I hate to resurrect the elf-haters' thread, so I was happy to see your post here. I am so glad you are having fun with the elf! Your pic. and blog post were cute.

We have a dog visiting with us for a few weeks (we'll call her "Muffin"), and this morning, our elf (a/k/a "Instrument of the Devil" if the other thread is to be believed) was found with all of the first aid supplies scattered about, and with band-aids and gauze on him, and a (needle-less, of course) syringe sticking into his behind, with a note that said:

"Naughty

1. Muffin"

Terri

I read your post on the creepy-elf thread, but my battery died before I got a chance to respond. I hate to resurrect the elf-haters' thread, so I was happy to see your post here. I am so glad you are having fun with the elf! Your pic. and blog post were cute.

We have a dog visiting with us for a few weeks (we'll call her "Muffin"), and this morning, our elf (a/k/a "Instrument of the Devil" if the other thread is to be believed) was found with all of the first aid supplies scattered about, and with band-aids and gauze on him, and a (needle-less, of course) syringe sticking into his behind, with a note that said:

"Naughty

1. Muffin"

Terri

That's awesome!! You all keep giving me these great ideas for our elf (whose name is now "Mike") that I'm going to have to write them down and save some for next year...I don't think I can fit them all in before Christmas Eve.

I LOVE IT!!! I know I need ideas I think tomorrow he is gonna hide all my sons little bakugons to show him not to talk bad bout the elf LOL. I also think he will pull out all the ingredients and leave a note saying Mak me sum fudj What ya think? I am so getting into this LOL Thanks for looking at my post

"Naughty

1. Muffin"

Terri

Do the plans involve getting the weapons out of the Monopoly game to defend yourself against this creepy thing? :lol:

LOVE IT!!!!!

I meant the weapons from Clue but I have Monopoly on the brain! I think you got my meaning, tho'!

If the elf is bad, you could also put him on the Operation table.