Menu

Baby Belly

Wow, I'm not the only one who's experienced this :)

With my first baby, I was about 6 months before it really showed in tight clothing, and 7 months before I had a difficult to disguise bump.

But I made up for it by being plenty big with the other babies.

ps congrats on the tiny man you're growing!

Edited by Hotdrink

Oh, sure! I see this the morning after realizing exactly how ginormous I am!

Okay, to be fair, I'm over 37 weeks, lol. And I don't envy your discomfort from all of the squishing that early. So I will say congratulations, and you look fabulous!

And then I'm going to take a shower and imagine what my feet must look like. :tongue_smilie:

I was like that. I just looked puffy and disorganized, LOL!

Then, that last month, BAM! I was PREGNANT!

I can totally relate to the starving thing. Horrible reflux due to DS being where my stomach should have been. I ate a lot of cinnamon crackers as a carminative. Like a box a day...

a

I can so relate, I've carried all of mine that way. People always say how great it be to not get very big. With 2 of my kids, I had people at church not believe the baby was mine because I never looked pregnant. I seldom ever wore maternity clothes because they were too big.

What they fail to realize is that not only can I not eat much, breathing was also difficult in the last trimester because there simply wasn't enough room for my lungs to expand. I always say a 7 pound baby takes up the same amount of room whether you carry it out front or all tucked in. But when they are tucked in, all the stuff that is normally in that space get squished and normal function don't function so well. People seem to get that and then realize that carrying small isn't necessarily any easier than people who carry out front.

oh my goodness! and folks have said *I* carry small...oh dear. I can imagine how uncomfortable that is It's one thing to not be able to breathe later in the pregnancy, but when that starts at 11 wk is a whole other story ;) btdt

and I don't even want to talk about the heartburn, yeah, I hear ya :(

But hey..less time in maternity clothes...works for me ;)

Congratulations! And can I say I hope you begin to pooch a little here soon, for your own relief?

Well, I don't know if it's any consolation but I carried all out in the tummy. I'm 5'1" with a small torso so there's no where for baby to grow except out. As a result of that I had horrible diastasis recti and it was worse with each pregnancy. I used to wish I could staple my muscles together. If anyone or anything lightly bumped into my stomach it caused me pain. I remember walking around with my arms wrapped around my stomach kind of pulling the muscles together and holding everything up.

I can still feel the separation although it doesn't hurt anymore. It does make it harder to firm up belly flab though.

I hope your baby moves out a bit to give your organs some room.

You guys are awesome. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who carries deep and is miserable because of it. I had to go see my regular doctor (actually he's my new regular dr because the military sent my old dr to a new post) about a week ago and he actually argues with me that there was no way I was as far along as I said. I told him he was welcome to call my OB and have a discussion with him. Moron.

I was so hungry yesterday I was mad. I was out picking up a few things and wanted a vegetarian Doner Kebab so badly (there are Doner shops on every corner here). I ordered the small and it took me almost 45 minutes to eat it. I think the workers thought I was crazy because I would take a bite and sit for 5 or 10 minutes just staring at it, waiting for it to digest so I could eat some more. It was good, but it took forever to eat it and I was still miserable.

It's not fair to be pregnant like this during the holidays when all the good food is out! I want to eat but there's no room!

I am wearing maternity pants because the button on my regular pants pushes into the baby when I sit, and it's not comfortable. I have to keep hiking them up though because they're too big. Indy sings that "pants on the ground song" every time I pull them up. :001_huh:

I am wearing maternity pants because the button on my regular pants pushes into the baby when I sit, and it's not comfortable. I have to keep hiking them up though because they're too big. Indy sings that "pants on the ground song" every time I pull them up. :001_huh:

Have you tried one of these bands? I absolutely loved mine. It got rid of the button pushing in problem, and I got to put off the maternity pants much longer.

I actually have several of those, but I feel like my pants are going to fall off without them being buttoned. :confused:

Do you think they're too big? Maybe see if you can shrink one in the dryer a bit? I hope you figure something out. :grouphug:

I carry like this all the way through all my pregnancies. I get the little bulge at 9 months, that most have at a few months. It is so uncomfortable! I also have horrible back labor due the way I carry.

Me too. I carry small, and my babies haven't been malpositioned, but most of my labor pain is in my back. 90% of it goes away if someone presses hard on my lower back.

And I get horrible heartburn, too. I went through about 3/4 of a 250 count jar of Tums during the last month-ish of pregnancy.

I am due any day now and I look like a tank. You can't tell I'm pregnant from the back, but side profile is huge. I have issues with eating too though. I think it is because I am short and she is crammed into a tighter area, but the heartburn is horrendous. At least having a small belly probably allows you to have a easier ability to move around. Currently I am kicking things that are on the floor into a pile because I just don't want to put the effort into bending down and picking them up.

LOL, well, I'm 22 weeks pregnant with #8, and let's just say I won't be posting any pictures of my tummy because I'm sure I look like you will look when you are ready to deliver! : ) I carry straight out in front of me, and I pretty much always look like I have a basketball stuffed in my shirt that I inflate more and more each week. But I really have no problems with heartburn, breathing, appetite, etc., so I guess maybe there are upsides, LOL. The downsides are complete strangers saying, "When are you due?" and when I say April, their faces fall, like they were definitely expecting me to say "Just another week or so!"

Oh my word..you don't look pregnant at all to me! I think my stomach looked like that *before* I got pregnant...lol... :grouphug: for the discomfort!

I'm the opposite of you - I think I carry all out front. A dear IRL friend is also pregnant, a month behind me, and she carries deeper, but not nearly as much as you do! I'm getting really tired of people telling me that I look like I'm about to pop and there's no way I'll make it through December, when the baby isn't due till the *end* of January...