Menu

Yep, it's official, I'm pretty sure you all would agree, I'm the world's worst mom

today. My dd14 has been working on knitting Christmas presents for my mom who is coming for Christmas. She had been working on a pattern since yesterday and asked me what I thought of it and was, I thought, handing it to me to look at. I reached out to grab it and look closer and unraveled the whole thing. She just started crying and crying. I feel horrible.

Yep, I get the award.:crying:

If it's any consolation my dd would have bopped me upside of the head if I'd unraveled her knitting. You got off without any bodily harm.

That's true. The "no bodily harm" thing is a big plus. ;)

Also, if it was going to unravel anyway, better now than when she thought she was just about finished with it.

(And needless to say, even if it wasn't going to unravel anyway, there is no proof left that it wasn't...)

Sorry you feel awful! :grouphug:

Cat

So, now the questions is....

what are your consequences? :D

Are you going to let dd decide what your punishment should be? Will she be gracious and let you off with a hug, and "I know it was a an accident...." or are you in for some more serious atonement? :lol:

As one who has worked on a very special, top-secret knitting project all week (one that I had to re-start 4 times on the first day because I was trying out a new technique), I want to cry FOR her! Poor girl.

On the other hand, sigh, at least it was only 1-2 days' worth of work? Ouch. But it could have been worse...

So, now the questions is....

what are your consequences? :D

Are you going to let dd decide what your punishment should be? Will she be gracious and let you off with a hug, and "I know it was a an accident...." or are you in for some more serious atonement? :lol:

I'm self-inflicting the "I'm going to clean your room for you" punishment. That should more than do it!

I'm self-inflicting the "I'm going to clean your room for you" punishment. That should more than do it!

That sounds like a nice idea. She will then have the time to put into starting over.

Sorry, you just lost your award....your now moving back up to your old rank :auto: as one of the awsome mommas. :Angel_anim: