Menu

Help me with towel colors

Well, that looks a lot better than I was picturing. In spite of what everyone is saying, I think white would be too stark with those colors. In FL you see lots of rooms decorated with light blues, greens and then a peach or coral color, sort of a beach theme. So maybe some peach or rose colored towels would tie the whole thing together.

Well, that looks a lot better than I was picturing.

LOL You should see what they did with the rest of the house. The living room, stairway, hallway, kids' bathroom, both of the kids' bedrooms, and half of the kitchen are all yellow...the same yellow. The lighting makes most of the rooms look more golden tan but the kitchen and bathroom look like butter yellow. Oh, and the kids' bathroom has pink counters to go with that yellow, and the kids picked an aqua blue plastic shower curtain with dolphins on it and aqua green towels. Somehow, it works. The master bedroom has alternating purple and tan walls and there are more than four walls because of the shape. They also didn't tape when they painted so there's paint on the trim and bathroom fixtures. They wiped the brush across some walls that hadn't been painted and didn't paint some of the harder to reach areas on walls that were painted.

White would be fine, but I think it be bland and kind of cold. I'd do a deeper accent color and then add some accessories in similar colors/tones. I think a rich brown could look pretty, especially since you have wood cabinets rather than white. It could make it look nice and warm. Add a few pillar candles, maybe in a caramel color, in tall dark holders, (ooh, especially if they had little carmel color beads or something) paint the iron shelf behind the wall in a brown/black (they have great spray paints for that) and maybe a picture that pulls it all together and it would look really warm and inviting.

White would be fine, but I think it be bland and kind of cold. I'd do a deeper accent color and then add some accessories in similar colors/tones. I think a rich brown could look pretty, especially since you have wood cabinets rather than white. It could make it look nice and warm. Add a few pillar candles, maybe in a caramel color, in tall dark holders, (ooh, especially if they had little carmel color beads or something) paint the iron shelf behind the wall in a brown/black (they have great spray paints for that) and maybe a picture that pulls it all together and it would look really warm and inviting.

Ayuh, I was thinking the same thing. Something like these in the Java.

I found one in target today. It's horizontal striped with the green,light blue,dark blue, and odf white. The blue stripes are the right hue to match the counter. I have no idea why I didn't see it the first time I checked target. I'll post a photo later when my internet is working again.