Menu

Honey Bun Cake - pure evil

I had seen this recipe many times before but had never made it. Until today. Oh, my! I ate a piece warm out of the oven. Oh, my, again! You should make this cake TODAY.

Honey Bun Cake

18 1/2 ounce pkg Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden cake mix

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs, beaten

8 ounce container sour cream (the REAL, full-fat stuff, no light)

1 cup brown sugar

1 Tablespoon cinnamon

2 cups powdered sugar

1 Tablespoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix thoroughly together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and sour cream. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan; set aside. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over batter; swirl into batter with a table knife. I was pretty swirly with this going both directions multiple times. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Pour onto cake while still warm. Cool on rack.

Eat it warm from the oven!!! Pure evil, I tell ya'. Don't blame me. :D:leaving::leaving:

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs, beaten

Can someone who has a box of cake mix, what does the box tell you to add to the box mix for a regular cake?

I can't do the box mix, but I'd like to know how they are altering the normal recipe... so that I can then figure out how to make it on my own... :drool5:

I had seen this recipe many times before but had never made it. Until today. Oh, my! I ate a piece warm out of the oven. Oh, my, again! You should make this cake TODAY.

Honey Bun Cake

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs, beaten

8 ounce container sour cream (the REAL, full-fat stuff, no light)

1 cup brown sugar

1 Tablespoon cinnamon

2 cups powdered sugar

1 Tablespoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix thoroughly together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and sour cream. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan; set aside. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over batter; swirl into batter with a table knife. I was pretty swirly with this going both directions multiple times. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Pour onto cake while still warm. Cool on rack.

Eat it warm from the oven!!! Pure evil, I tell ya'. Don't blame me. :D:leaving::leaving:

You're just trying to sabotage my diet, aren't you :glare: I think I gained a couple of pounds just reading the recipe :D

Can someone who has a box of cake mix, what does the box tell you to add to the box mix for a regular cake?

I can't do the box mix, but I'd like to know how they are altering the normal recipe... so that I can then figure out how to make it on my own... :drool5:

For the DH Butter Recipe, the added ingredients are:

2/3 c. water

3 eggs

1/2 c. softened butter

I know other cake mixes might use different added ingredients.