Menu

PRAYER CHAIN for Imp starts in a couple of hours. ALL ABOARD!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariann,

I have to tell you that this is a blessing to me. I hope that IMP gets the biggest blessing out of it, but it's been a great experience for me. Our pastor preached Sunday on the concept of a life of prayer, or a life lived with regular communication to God at it's center. He did an excellent job and it is a weak spot for me. I am a natural born fixer, fix, fix, fix,....if there is a practical need, I'm the one coming up with the fix and getting people involved in making it happen...taking groceries, getting winter clothes for children, etc. Since I'm a fixer, I have a hard time with situations in which I can't do anything practical to help. So, though I am a big believer in prayer and I pray everday with my kids and I remember people in prayer, I am not good at cultivating a life of prayer. This prayer chain for Imp has been just awesome for me today. Not only did I pray several times during my "slot" but she's been uppermost in my mind all day which has lead to lots of communication with God. It has also kept my sister's situation at the forefront and so I've prayed more for her today than probably all together in the last month. I've been able to then get focused on Mario and Stacey, Linda's boy being a pallbearer for his best friend's funeral - ouch!, Joanne's house, you name it. Once in the mode, it was amazing how many things just keep coming up. I feel so at peace.

So, many thanks because in the process of getting focused on Imp's serious prayer needs, it's helped me pray more fervently for everyone instead of just remembering once in a while and it's also reminded me to lay more of my family's own needs at the feet of Jesus instead of always exhausting myself to try and fix everything.

Much love to all! IMP, whatever the outcome today, God has been inundated, begged, and downright nagged on your behalf...I have a strong feeling HE is loving it too! God Bless,

Faith

Mariann,

I have to tell you that this is a blessing to me. I hope that IMP gets the biggest blessing out of it, but it's been a great experience for me. Our pastor preached Sunday on the concept of a life of prayer, or a life lived with regular communication to God at it's center. He did an excellent job and it is a weak spot for me. I am a natural born fixer, fix, fix, fix,....if there is a practical need, I'm the one coming up with the fix and getting people involved in making it happen...taking groceries, getting winter clothes for children, etc. Since I'm a fixer, I have a hard time with situations in which I can't do anything practical to help. So, though I am a big believer in prayer and I pray everday with my kids and I remember people in prayer, I am not good at cultivating a life of prayer. This prayer chain for Imp has been just awesome for me today. Not only did I pray several times during my "slot" but she's been uppermost in my mind all day which has lead to lots of communication with God. It has also kept my sister's situation at the forefront and so I've prayed more for her today than probably all together in the last month. I've been able to then get focused on Mario and Stacey, Linda's boy being a pallbearer for his best friend's funeral - ouch!, Joanne's house, you name it. Once in the mode, it was amazing how many things just keep coming up. I feel so at peace.

So, many thanks because in the process of getting focused on Imp's serious prayer needs, it's helped me pray more fervently for everyone instead of just remembering once in a while and it's also reminded me to lay more of my family's own needs at the feet of Jesus instead of always exhausting myself to try and fix everything.

Much love to all! IMP, whatever the outcome today, God has been inundated, begged, and downright nagged on your behalf...I have a strong feeling HE is loving it too! God Bless,

Faith

I have no words, except to say that I am so thankful and have been so blessed because I was obedient when it was put on my heart to do this for Imp -- and, I totally know what you mean about being a 'fixer.' THAT is me! It is probably to a very large degree many, many people on this board if you think about it, kwim?

I would, based on my personality, be more likely to drive to Canada and find Imp, find a hotel, and show up every day to take care of her and homeschool her kids and mine than I would be to suggest and set up a prayer chain (which, btw, I don't think I've done in about 18 years - :w00t: - and then, it was done via telephone and copy machine. :lol:). I am thankful that I was obedient, that I didn't think about myself when this was put on my heart (sometimes this board can be a scary place - but we all know that - we have trepidition about crock pot threads for goodness sake :lol:), and that I was given words that spoke to the hearts of others.

Personally, I know that this prayer chain has sparked a renewal in my prayer life -- dh and i were talking about it on the phone about an hour ago -- and my experience is so strikingly similar to everything you wrote.

The day this whole thing began (was it Monday?) I thought of the woman in Luke 18:1 and the necessity of 'patient, persistent, and persevering' prayer. And, there was no doubt that I was going to be obedient to what the Lord had placed on my heart for us to do for Imp.

And, I am pasting this below, because I think you have articulated experientially precisely what this says -- you said it so well and in such a relatable way for me.

'Concerning our habits of prayer, "always" does not mean we should pray every single minute of the day. If this were so, the faith involved in prayer would be a dead one, as we would never have time to do the works required with it (James 2:17-18, 20, 26). "Always" means that we should be faithful to our regular times of prayer. Concerning the time of prayer, "always" includes the fact that we should pray in both good and bad times. Sadly, some pray only in a crisis, and others forget to offer a prayer of thanksgiving when God has intervened to solve a problem or provide a blessing (I Thessalonians 5:17-18).'

I've been praying for everyone (named and un-named) who is praying for Imp -- and I am so thankful for each and every one of you, and I am grateful to those who are praying for me and my family.:grouphug:

Denise just posted an update on Imp in a new thread, and it sounds like we all need to add extra prayers for the next several days (at least!)

Cat

:iagree: What sayeth the Hive regarding how it should be done? The schedule is there -- it's easy enough to plug in names, add names, etc. I am GONE all day tomorrow (co-op) so right now I am all :bigear:.

:iagree: What sayeth the Hive regarding how it should be done? The schedule is there -- it's easy enough to plug in names, add names, etc. I am GONE all day tomorrow (co-op) so right now I am all :bigear:.

My opinion is that everyone is praying in and out of their slot, maybe just continue on our own? Maybe keep the thread going, bumping it up, letting everyone know we're praying, and reminding everyone to pray?

:bigear:

My opinion is that everyone is praying in and out of their slot, maybe just continue on our own? Maybe keep the thread going, bumping it up, letting everyone know we're praying, and reminding everyone to pray?

I've got things during the day but am willing to dedicate my evening prayers to Imp. I'll also stretch out that novena I was going to start tonight to a regular 9 day novena.

Well, I would have to say that it makes perfect sense to me -- (Chucki, I responded to your thread about switching time slots tonight -- I will take your earlier slot and you can take my 9:30-10pm)

if no one dissents or has another suggestion why don't we keep bumping the thread, pray in our slot if we can, and in the alternative, just plain old pray -- as Kathleen in Va said - everytime she looks at the clock, she will pray. Whatever trigger works is good.:) OR, as Unicorn put it (and it cracks me up) pray 'unofficially.'

I hope Imp is still sleeping soundly.

How do I link all those cool images, Dunce Marianne?:D

Can you copy and paste? That's how I get them off google.

I will be gone all day tomorrow and most of Saturday morning. I will, however, be at Mass tomorrow as that is how our co-op starts the day, so I will definitely be praying. I will continue to be in prayer for Impish as constantly as I can over the weekend.

I cannot imagine how one would go through an ordeal such as Imp's without a mighty group of Prayer Warriors (see cat wearing battle armor ;)). I know that we will all remain in prayer for her as this is only day one and I am sure her healing process will not be quick.

Thank you all again - as Denise said, let's all keep bumping this so we are reminded of Imp's need for prayer and others can see it and pray for her as they are led.

I will be praying for all of you and for those of you who are closing out this 24 hour marathon of prayer. I will also be praying for Imp throughout the night for pain free, restful sleep, healing, improvement, and a miracle.

:grouphug:

Hey all - I just finished my shift and it came to me while deep in prayer that Imp is, on top of everything else, probably grieving too. The lost of such useful part of her has to be very difficult.

So I think it might be helpful if we could add some prayers that her self-esteem not be negatively effected and that she be comforted until she is able to come to terms with her loss.

Hey all - I just finished my shift and it came to me while deep in prayer that Imp is, on top of everything else, probably grieving too. The lost of such useful part of her has to be very difficult.

So I think it might be helpful if we could add some prayers that her self-esteem not be negatively effected and that she be comforted until she is able to come to terms with her loss.

:iagree: I know from experience with my daughter that an individual who suffers from a chronic illness with chronic pain experiences such shame (it just comes with the territory from what I can gather) about their illness and their situation. So, definitely, yes, let's add that.

I've been asking the Lord to bless Imp with a 'double portion' of His mercy.......He is our Father and he wants to bless us -- how much does he want to bless us doubly -- so that's the direction in which I have been going.

And, again -- thank you all!:grouphug::grouphug:

I will pray for Imp. She's had surgery already, right? I'll pray for the RSD not to spread to her face.

Thinking of you, Imp, and hoping you feel much better very soon.

:grouphug:

Thank you -- yes, her surgery was this morning at 9am Eastern Time. Your prayers are coveted.:grouphug::grouphug:

So we doubly pray for double blessings doubly long...Got it!

I know I said there wouldn't be any math - :tongue_smilie: -- but it's only the TWOS!:D

Thank you -- yes, her surgery was this morning at 9am Eastern Time. Your prayers are coveted.:grouphug::grouphug:

I know I said there wouldn't be any math - :tongue_smilie: -- but it's only the TWOS!:D

But it's Imp and we need to be ready for the 3s! :D

Imp has been at the forefront of my mind and I am still praying for miracles for her. I too, think she is probably going through a grieving process because every injury, every illness, all of this takes a piece of her vision of where she thought she'd be at this stage of life or what she thought she'd be doing, away. There's so much to it besides just the physical pain which is bad enough as it is!

So, I'm still beseeching heaven to help her in a mighty way!

Faith

Imp has been at the forefront of my mind and I am still praying for miracles for her. I too, think she is probably going through a grieving process because every injury, every illness, all of this takes a piece of her vision of where she thought she'd be at this stage of life or what she thought she'd be doing, away. There's so much to it besides just the physical pain which is bad enough as it is!

Faith

My dear Faith, you have articulated perfectly what my dd30 has experienced with her chronic illness and her RSD issues. Her friends have completed their residencies and are practicing medicine. She had to leave med school after completing two years but she did take and pass her boards. She now has a two year plan to return and finish as she is experiencing improvement, BUT everything you said is SO TRUE!

Mighty help requires mighty prayers!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Jumping in with another prayer and another bump!

Cat

Cat -- Thank you. :grouphug: You know, I am sitting here and I think that at midnight tonight when the prayer chain goes kind of 'rogue,' well, THAT is when all the stops should be pulled out and many, many petitions need to rise to Heaven. I think the prayer chain was just the beginning --it was just the warm up.:grouphug:

Faith

I do know there is grief involved here. Who would be happy, at 40, to lose all their teeth? It really is a tough pill to swallow, IYKWIM.:sad:

Cat -- Thank you. :grouphug: You know, I am sitting here and I think that at midnight tonight when the prayer chain goes kind of 'rogue,' well, THAT is when all the stops should be pulled out and many, many petitions need to rise to Heaven. I think the prayer chain was just the beginning --it was just the warm up.:grouphug:

I'll still be up in 14 minutes and my heart is heavy for her tonight, even though I had a few light hearted moments. That I wish she enjoyed with us.