Menu

Shameless brag: ER's professor returned his most recent paper with this note attached

ereks mom

ER wrote a 10-page paper for his music history class, and after grading it, his professor returned it to him with this note attached (copied and pasted here from the actual e-mail sent by the professor):

[ER]: Your writing is a pleasure to read. You have a personal voice already established, and you understand how to organize your thoughts in a logical fashion. Perhaps you do not realize just how rare this quality is.

Grade: A

ER e-mailed me a copy of the paper and the attached comment. I am ecstatic! :hurray:

ER wrote a 10-page paper for his music history class, and after grading it, his professor returned it to him with this note attached (copied and pasted here from the actual e-mail sent by the professor):

[ER]: Your writing is a pleasure to read. You have a personal voice already established, and you understand how to organize your thoughts in a logical fashion. Perhaps you do not realize just how rare this quality is.

Grade: A

ER e-mailed me a copy of the paper and the attached comment. I am ecstatic! :hurray:

WoooHoooo!!!

:hurray:

Makes a Mom proud doesn't it!

Congrats!

Faithe

This has been my experience with my kids as well. Writing programs have always been disappointing and I have an entire shelf of them to prove I tried...I really tried.

What really worked was oral narration, summarizing, written narration, notetaking/outlining and then filling them with enough history, science and literature so they would have someting interesting to say or write about. (The Rhetoric Stage.) SWB did an awesome job of explaining the process of writing and teaching kids to write in her lectures. This is the same method written about by CM.

From experience, I have found this method to be spot-on.

Faithe

Faithe