Menu

Is anyone going to the Greenville, SC convention?

Bought tickets a couple weeks ago (although credit card hasn't been charged yet, so that seems strange). I'm looking forward to hearing MCT. I hope to hear SWB as well. I don't know that many other speakers will be applicable to me but I'm waiting on the schedule.

I'd like to look at some high school materials (check out Singapore at higher levels if the books are there). I'm going to have a list of Latin programs I want to look at and see if I can find something that'll work for us.

Bought tickets a couple weeks ago (although credit card hasn't been charged yet, so that seems strange). I'm looking forward to hearing MCT. I hope to hear SWB as well. I don't know that many other speakers will be applicable to me but I'm waiting on the schedule.

I'd like to look at some high school materials (check out Singapore at higher levels if the books are there). I'm going to have a list of Latin programs I want to look at and see if I can find something that'll work for us.

MCT is an awesome speaker, and so is SWB. IF you can make it to both, do it. :D

I am going to the one in Cincinnati, sorry to hijack... but I would suggest looking at the vendor list and writing those who might carry Singapore, and ask them to bring some upper level stuff. They might not bring it if hey don't think they will sell much, but if you ask....:D. I think there are a few vendors that sell Singapore. Rainbow, definitely.

MCT is an awesome speaker, and so is SWB. IF you can make it to both, do it. :D

I need to see the schedule so I can make clearer plans! I don't know if I'll drive up each day (a bit over an hour away) or if I'll get a hotel. It depends on the schedule! It looks like MCT is speaking on Thursday and Friday on different topics, so that'll be tough to decide which to go to if I don't get both.

This is my first homeschool convention. I've done conventions for work before and they were wonderful so I'm hoping I get some good information here as well.

Me! I hope. It's not far from my mom's house, so I'm hoping to plan a visit to her and go to the convention at the same time. This will be my second hs convention ever, the last one being 7 years ago! So I am very excited. I want to hear SWB without question, but I'm not sure who else I'll go to hear. I too want to check out high school curriculum options. And I really want to see MCT's materials in person.

I'm totally going to either Memphis or Greenville! They are both 5 hours away, but I have a cousin in Memphis and a friend in Greenville, so it would be a fun weekend vacation either way! I just have to decide... I'd love to visit my cousin, but my friend will be going to the convention so it would be fun to go together. I need to decide asap so I can get the early bird pricing!:)

I'm pretty sure we're going...we're about 3 hours away, so we'll make it a weekend trip; DH will probably take the kids to see the sites in Greenville for a lot of the time while I go to the convention.

What have you found in Greenville for them to do? I really want to take everyone (little bit couldn't be away from me for that long), but I just can't figure out what there is to do!

I don't know a lot of things to do there, but I do know that they have a pretty good zoo that's right next to a nice big playground. My kids love that for a day out when we're visiting my mom. They also have a nice main street area with a pretty garden for wandering around - not a whole day out thing, but it kept us occupied for a bit - a nice lunch and a walk through the park before going over to the zoo.

My family and I are going! DH and I used to go by ourselves to FPEA but haven't been to a conference in 3 years now - this time we're taking everyone. I may look into the kids program for them. Nice to hear about the zoo( may need to go get a membership here!) - what about science museums?

Looking forward to the schedule.

What have you found in Greenville for them to do? I really want to take everyone (little bit couldn't be away from me for that long), but I just can't figure out what there is to do!

I've only looked a bit so far, but there's a children's museum, a zoo, and a science center. and a park with "the only curved, cantilevered pedestrian suspension bridge in the United States," according the city's official website. I guess we can't miss that ;)

I've only looked a bit so far, but there's a children's museum, a zoo, and a science center. and a park with "the only curved, cantilevered pedestrian suspension bridge in the United States," according the city's official website. I guess we can't miss that ;)

Here's a link to Falls Park--the park w/the bridge. It is really beautiful.

And here's a link to the Children's Museum.

And here's another to the Greenville Zoo.

We used to live near Greenville (many moons ago), and my sister lives near there now. Wish I could go to the conference!

We're going! It's only 3 hrs. from where we'll be living at the time so we'll probably pick the day we want to go the most. DH is excited, it's his first convention. We haven't looked at the websites enough to know for sure what we're doing or who we want to see yet.

My family and I are going! DH and I used to go by ourselves to FPEA but haven't been to a conference in 3 years now - this time we're taking everyone. I may look into the kids program for them. Nice to hear about the zoo( may need to go get a membership here!) - what about science museums?

Looking forward to the schedule.

Okay, you sold me on taking the whole family - we should definitely get the girls together!

I am going with a few of my friends. None of my SC friends have ever been to a convention. I used to go to the FPEA one in FL every year. So, I am extremely excited about introducing all my friends to the convention. I am hoping it will become an annual tradition for us to get away.

That will be so much fun for you, Kari! I'm glad you're getting to do that!

Maybe. I haven't decided between SC and Philly. I would like to go to one or the other.

Awesome! So glad so many of you guys are going. It'll be my first, so I am very excited. I'm a secular homeschooler; will I still enjoy Tim Hawkins?

Maybe. Watch some of his youtube videos. Some of his stuff is funny, regardless and some of it is religious and/or political.

I'll be there! I grew up in Greenville and my family is still there. It is a wonderful city and all the attractions listed above are great.

You might also want to check out the Bob Jones University art galleries. They have a large gallery on campus and a smaller gallery downtown next to the children's museum.

AND Bryan Adams is going to be in town at The Peace Center on March 17th. I say we all skip out on the first night of the conference and go together. :D